Featured Slider

Monday, September 21, 2015

Thankful 4 You Everday

Well it's 1:30 am EST, which makes it Monday, Sept. 21st 
and that means
Today's the 1st day of Fall!

Happy Fall Y'all!

I can say that because I live in the south and was also born and raised in WV where they said that too!  ;)

I'd say I timed posting this card pretty well!  I gave it a fall theme using leaf stamps from Stamplorations.  I wanted them to have a watercolor efffect so I used my distress inks and spritzed the inked stamps with a little water before stamping. I love how they came out!  I'm going to repeat that a few more times with some other cards.  

STAMPS: Leaves (Stamplorations); Sentiment (Jilli Bean). PAPER: White cardbase (Core'dinations); Candy Corn (Bazzill); DP - Favorite Things (Heidi Swapp). INK: Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters & Mowed Lawn (Tim Holtz Distressed Inks); Versafine black. EXTRAS: Black baker's twine; orange button; apple green sequins.

FOR FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:



Fall Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

7 comments:

Lesley said...

This rocks!

Linda Callahan said...

Love those beautiful fall leaves ! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Karren said...

I love this! The beautiful leaves and the big, bold stripes in the background pack such a punch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card! I love those colours and the leaves remind me of fall back where I grew up in Northern Ontario! Looks great with the striped paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Diane Jaquay said...

Those leaves look AMAZING!!! I love the variation in color you achieved, I"m going to have to try this!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card....

Bonnie said...

These leaves are beautiful! You definitely need to do that again!