Featured Slider

Monday, September 7, 2015

Party Time! - The Challenge #41


Hello fellow crafty souls! 
We are back from summer over at The Challenge!  
Today is our first challenge!  
Wahoo!
Now check out this week's challenge, it's a sketch:
Check out all the Design Team's fabulous projects:

Nance Salkeld -That's ME!
--------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Featured Designer -Alanna Moses 
Challenge Winner/Guest Designer Tenia Nelson

My Card:
Supplies: Stamps - Sentiment-(Party Time-Stamplorations); hat and horn blower-(Party Mates-Stamplorations); Bird image - (Small Birds - Stamplorations); Balloon die cuts-(Taylored Expressions); Memento Black Tuxedo Ink; Copics & Spectrum Noir for coloring of bird, hat and blower. Paper-white card base (Coord'nations 110lb); Navy cardstock (Bazzill); Black cardstock (Bazzill); Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye & Recollections;


Wow!  I cannot believe it's been two whole months since I posted a card let alone made one!  It's been one crazy hectic summer!  It was a blessing that Lesley decided for the Design Team to take a break for summer.  I hope everyone else enjoyed their summer.  I hardly knew it existed (except for the daggone heat and humidity)! Long story short: Took Mom to SC to visit my brother and to look at houses for her to buy/move. She thought she pulled a muscle in her leg. Three weeks later take her back to WV with the plan to start packing her up and put her house on the market. She also saw her doc and found that she had advanced osteoarthritis in her hip (hurt leg) so needs a new hip! Two weeks later, I go back to NC til her surgery is scheduled.  Two weeks ago, came back to WV for her surgery, which was this past Wednesday, Sept. 2nd.  She's home and on the long recovery road.  I'm still in WV for several weeks til she is recovered to be on own. WHEW!

I thought I was going to have to bow out of the first couple months back from my DT duties but the Hubs packed up my stamp supplies to bring with me!  Now, while Mom rests between her walking therapy, I can get some creative therapy!  So glad!

I made my card for The Hubs.  Tomorrow, Sept. 8th is his 50th birthday!  Unfortunately I'm not home to celebrate with him due to caring for my mom postsurgery.  I did send him snail mail cards.  Unfortunately only one was handmade, this one.  The others were snarky silly old age cards befitting a middle aged geezer like him!  LOL  I have to tease him because I'm three years older than him --- BUT he has the grey hair, not me!  LOL  I also made it using Michigan colors because he grew up in Flint, Michigan and is a big Michigan and Detroit Lions fan.  Happy Birthday, Hubs! 🎈💙💛

Now come play along with us and share your awesome take on our sketch!

For Following Challenges:









Party Time Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

No comments: