Featured Slider

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Ice Cream First

 Good Evening!

Hope you've had a nice weekend wherever you are.  Presently, the Hubs and I are on a mini vacation at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia.  The hubs had elbow surgery 2-1/2 weeks ago and has had to be off from work for three weeks.  He has a long recovery of three months before he can use his arm substantially.  After just a week off he got very antsy so we decided a getaway for both of us to rest and relax was in order.  While I still have to do a bit of the heavy stuff for both of us, even on vaca, it's still nice to chill away from home.  Before we left I had several cards backing up in my que for sharing again. Having a hubs with one good arm really is cramping my style!  HAHAHA




I recently got the Cupcakes & More die set by Honey Bee Stamps and wanted to play around with them.  I had some more smooshed backgrounds in my stash in yellow and pink and so I think they worked well with the dies.  I also had a stenciled background already using the Bear Grass stencil by Catherine Pooler Designs (CPD) that matched my pink ice cream.  I bumped up my ice cream cone on an embossed layer with a scalloped oval frame on top.  The sentiment is from the stamp set, First Ice Cream by CPD.  I finished off the card with a few little candy confetti pieces by Pretty Pink Posh.

For Following Challenges:


Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you did!  Come again soon!

Nance







5 comments:

Karen said...

This is one of the most realistic ice cream cones I've seen, and it certainly looks delicious! I love the shading on the ice cream, the sprinkles, and the fun background you've created. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty and absolutely looks delicious. Love the chocolate chunks and pink sprinkles too. I hope hubby heals on schedule and you yourself don't go stir crazy too. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Cindy Beach said...

The sentiment is great advice and your delicious-looking card is delightful! The striped background blends perfectly and I especially love the candy confetti pieces. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

How nice that you could get away for some R&R. I hope Dave gets the use of his arm back very soon. Love your ice cream cone with the sprinkles on top! I totally agree about eating ice cream first!

Hannelie said...

Ooh! Makes my mouth water!
I love the way you used our challenge colors Nance. Beautifully executed and the brown as neutral was the perfect choice, thanks for joining us at Color Hues!