Featured Slider

Monday, July 4, 2022

Rainbow Congrats - Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #547 Week 2

 Good Morning!


It's time for Week #2 of 

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #547 - Oh My Stars!


I decided to make a new card for the second week.  I have a lot of new backgrounds I recently created from the new Spring Card Class at Online Card Classes. So I'm trying to use them up now that I have more time to create.


I used some rainbow glimmer foil for the small confetti panel behind the candles. The star flames on the candles I  "glimmered" using my solid glimmer foil plate and then die cutting stars from it.  The sentiment is a glimmer foil word die from PinkFresh Studios.  The background was sponged with distress inks and then I spritzed a chevron stencil with water and set it on the background with pressure for a few seconds.





Week #2 for Oh My Stars




Be sure and stop over at the Cupcake Inspirations blog and check out more inspiration for our Oh My Stars challenge.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Candles - Make A Wish set - Catherine Pooler Designs

Paper: Neenah solar white 110 lb; Black cardstock - Catherine Pooler

Ink: Distress Inks (background); Pucker Up, Samba, Grass Skirt, Fiesta Blue & Grape Crush -Catherine Pooler Inks.

Extras: Scallop frame die (Catherine Pooler); Confetti glimmer foil plate(Altenew); Congrats glimmer foil word(Pinkfresh Studios) foiled in Aura foil; Chevron stencil background(Heidi Swapp); Star die from Make a Wish Set glimmer foiled with Aura foil; solid glimmer foil plate (Pinkfresh Studio).

Starry Blessings!



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous, rich background, Nancy! It's perfect to showcase these festive candles and confetti background!

Quillish said...

What a brilliant card Nance! Those stars instead of flames.. are so creative and the holographic paper makes them a star on the card <3