Featured Slider

Monday, February 21, 2022

Mountainous Birthday

 Good Afternoon! 

I have a quick post to share my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.  






Playing with some older Sursee goodies, (Scenic View and Something For Everyone) from Catherine Pooler Designs.  Had a lot of fun using that scenic die cut and cutting several color versions to come up with my final one.  I used Catherine Pooler Inks, swiped each color on some white cardstock to create some colored cardstock before cutting each color with the die.  And, I created the colored mountain by spritzing each color on my glass mat and smooshing it on watercolor paper.  So I created another custom colored background of the blues, green and brown inks.  I have enough pieces to put at least four more scenes together.

I set the scene piece on top of a Tim Holtz sunray embossed background and added a stitched brown circle die on top to frame it and add some more contrast.  The sentiment is from the Something For Everyone sentiment set.


For Following Challenges:



Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Hope you visit again soon!

Mountainous Birthday Blessings!





4 comments:

Broni said...

What a cool scene! It's great! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, I love the CAS design. xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your awesome scenic design which highlighted the throwdown colors so perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Bonnie said...

Love this mountain scene, Nance! A great card for your guys!