Featured Slider

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #522 - All Occasions

Hello Thursday!

I've been quite discombobulated this week and I cannot believe it's already Thursday.  I recently reorganized my craft room with some new furniture so been cleaning out a bit as I go as well.  And I just learned this week I have to have some knee surgery in two weeks so the hubs and I are trying to get ready for that.  I 've been hobbling around for two months and just got the diagnosis of a torn meniscus. While I'm glad to know what's wrong and be pain free very soon, I'm not looking forward to surgery.  At least the surgeon promises me my recovery will only be a week or two and no bulky brace or crutches.  

So, it's been a hectic time.  Anyway, let me get to business at hand ---- the new challenge is up at Krafty Chicks Challenge.



I made another slimline card using another background I made by ink swiping.  I sent this to my younger brother for his birthday in July.  He lives near the beach in SC so I thought it was appropriate.  I stamped everything in Midnight ink for a silhouette effect.  The compass image I stamped off and then stamped on my background to get a fainter look.

This is our last challenge for August so be sure and check out my fellow teammates' projects and our Guest Designer, Michele.  It's her last week.  We've been thrilled to have her guesting with us with her fabulous cardmaking style.  Come play along with us too!


Krafty Chicks Blessings!





3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I still want to try this background technique! I love the vibrant colors and the silhouette images! The more subtle compass gives this extra dimension! Best of luck on your surgery!

Lori Turner said...

This is so bright and COOL, Nance! I love it! I hope your knee surgery goes well and healing is quick! xoxoxo

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Nance! I love the ink swiping technique and it looks great with the silhouette images...this card is really striking! Best wishes on the surgery : )
Rachelle : )