Featured Slider

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #517 - All Occasions

Good Morning!

It's time for another challenge at Krafty Chicks today.  Lori is our hostess this week and it's our All Occasions challenge.


This little gnome guy, from Stamping Bella, I just adore.  I've had him for awhile and never inked him up until now.  I really love how this turned out.  I did double duty for this card.  I made it for this challenge and for my June Penpal at StampNation.  We were to send a "hello" card of one of our favorite places in our house.  Mine is a porch swing that was my dad's. So I told my penpal a little story about it.

Storytime: Growing up we always had a porch swing and it was my dad's favorite place to be every evening, particularly in the warm months.  I would sit with him and chat and listen to the birds and frogs and watch the deer eat his garden. LOL  We would joke and call it "Jerry's Deer Diner".  Later years, my boys would swing with him and some of the time he sported a big grey beard like this gnome. Now, one of his swings is at my home and when I sit in it, I remember him and even though he's gone from this world, we still have a chat.    

Be sure and stop by the Hen House to see Leanne and Lori's projects and also our Guest Designer's, Helene.Then come play along with us in our All Occasions Challenge.  

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Image and sentiment - Stamping Bella.
Paper: Bright blue cardstock - Bazzill; White cardbase - Neenah Solar white.
Ink: Fiesta Blue, Midnight - Catherine Pooler Inks; Copics.
Extras: Trellis cover plate - Catherine Pooler Designs; Cloud stencil - My Favorite Things; Oval dies - Ellen Hutson.

Krafty Chicks Blessings!


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a lovely memory, Nance! I need to pull my stamp out and have a play with it again. It makes me remember a day spent with you. Hope we can have more of those days soon, my friend.

Lori Turner said...

I love, love, love this little gnomie!!! I'm falling in love with them more and more...great card friend!

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Cette carte est toute mignonne, à la fois fraîche et amusante.
J'adore.
MaryannG