Featured Slider

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #511 Christmas



Hello there!


This week sure flew by!  It's Thursday already!

We have a new challenge up at Krafty Chicks Challenge and I'm the host this week.  It's our Christmas week.  I don't know about you, but I could already use some chill in my days again!  It's been blistering hot and humid here in Cary, NC and it's not even the worst of summer yet!  ACK!



I made this card during the Online Card Classes Spring Card Camp 2 last month.  It was using a technique with a gelli plate or if you didn't have a gelli plate, you could use the clear backside of a large photopolymer stamp.  Well, I had neither.  So I had to improvise and tried the back of a large red background stamp that had a coating on the back.  It worked ok.  It worked better for this part of the technique but not so much for the negative print.  I love how this one turned out.  I did actually break down and ordered a gelli plate, which has been on my list for a while.  

The snowflakes are by Avery Elle.  The hexagon die is by Spellbinders and the sentiment is by Catherine Pooler Designs.  All inks are Catherine Pooler Inks.  The purple strip the sentiment is embossed on is cardstock inked up.  I also added some fun sequins.

Now visit the Hen House and check out the rest of the Christmas projects by Leanne, Lori, Tangii and our guest, Helene!  Then come play along with us!  Get chill and make a Christmas card!

Krafty Chicks Blessings!


4 comments:

NickScrapShack said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue and white combo and those snowflakes are gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these snowflakes, Nance! I need to practice with the gelli plate. Maybe when we can get together again we can get some practice in?

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

Gorgeous my friend, love the glitter and the dies, such a great card! Hugs, L :)