Featured Slider

Monday, June 3, 2019

CAS Christmas - Gifts

Hello Monday!

Happy June!

It's almost summer in the Northern Hemisphere!  

But it's still cool over at CAS Christmas with a new challenge beginning for the month of June!

Linda is our hostess this month
and
she has chosen Gifts as the theme!

I have to admit, I drew a blank on this challenge at first.  I have a couple small Christmas gift stamps and a couple birthday ones, but for some reason my mojo went out the window.  Then, I was looking through my stash of homemade backgrounds and thought, I'll make my own gift with dies.  So I took the stitched peek a boo die, cut it from silver mirrored cardstock, trimmed it down, added an alcohol inked background in the middle and a silver bow die for the top.  Voila - a Christmas gift!  I also had the perfect sentiment, by Paper Sweeties to add.  To top it all off, I added a thin trim of the same silver mirror cardstock as a frame for my gift.
Be sure and stop by the CAS Christmas Blog for a look at all the rest of the Design Team's beautiful inspirations for this month's challenge.  Also welcome our Guest Designer for June, Leslie!

It's almost halfway through the year, which means halfway until Christmas!  Come play along with us this month and get your Christmas card stash started or added to.  We love to be inspired by you as well!


CAS Christmas Blessings!

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Nance, well aren't you the clever one, making your own gift and it is an eye catcher! Love the gray and the bright AI background for the middle of the box! Stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like the way you turned your dies into a Christmas present! Very creative and it looks fabulous. Perfect sentiment with it, too,

Loll said...

So clever to combine the peek-a-boo window as part of your gift box, Nance! LOVE the silver with your gorgeous red inked background. So beautiful, elegant, and creative! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Nance, I can't believe your mojo took a little break with this card. you came up with a clever layout and so so elegant :)

nancy littrell said...

Such a clever homemade Christmas package, Nance. Love your colors, Alcohol ink background, die cut pkg and bow. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Bonnie said...

You made a great gift, Nance! Love the contrast with the AI background and shine! And what a wonderful bow and sentiment!

Trina P. said...

Lovely card and a creative solution to your dilemma, Nance. Mojo in tack. I think if I looked at my supplies more closely, I would save myself a lot of money. *lol*😂

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful take on the challenge and such a classy card x.

Susan said...

Love your depiction of a gift! Great colours and perfect sentiment!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So clever of you to create your own gift - absolutely love it! Great combo with the rich red and the silver!!

Julia Aston said...

So clever and creative to make your own package with your frame die Nance! The maroon color inside is so regal with the silver paper! and I love that scrolly bow!