Featured Slider

Thursday, November 15, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks - #429 Snowflakes

Good morning again!

Lots of posts going on today.


Today there is a new challenge up 
at 

Amy is our hostess 
and 
her theme is ----


So I finally decided to get on board the foiling train. I bought a laminator and foil with some birthday money and thought I would try it out for today's challenge.

I bought a couple holiday colors of foil by Gina K, including this shimmery opal like one.  The first pic at the top of the post is how it looks without light shining on it.  The one right above is with some natural light shining on it to pick up some of the iridescent colors in it.  

I guess I should explain how I did it.  I used the snowflake cover plate from Lil' Inker Designs.  I took a Deco-Foil Black toner sheet cut just a bit larger than the cover plate.  I placed my cover plate on my Big Shot and then the toner sheet, toner side down and ran it through the machine.  Next I placed the cut toner piece on top of an A2 size white cardstock panel, placed the foil, shiny side up on top, placed it all inside a folded typing paper sheet and fed it through my laminator.  Wow, do I love it!

I also foiled the green sentiment.  The shiny white snowflake is die cut from white cardstock x two and then white glitter paper.  I placed a round die cut piece of vellum behind it to help it show up more on top of the foiled background.  I also placed a small circle of vellum under my sentiment.  I really love how it turned out.  So shimmery and fun!

Now go to the Hen House and check out the rest of the Chicks' projects and leave them some blog love.  And come play with us and make some snowflake projects!  


Crafty Chick Blessings!



5 comments:

Loll said...

WOW! This is beautiful Nance. This is so gorgeous with the iridescent shimmer. Love the design with your vellum band and circle with white snowflake on top. Amazing!! I need to go buy a laminator now. :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Nance, I'm trying not to get into foiling but when I see your cards it's so tempting :)

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is so pretty with those shiny snowflakes and The vellum with the plain snowflake and sweet Noel! I'm amazed at your pictures! I can never get a good photo of foil!

Leanne said...

Love the foil these are so pretty, wonderful card!

Lori Turner said...

This is just gorgeous! The more I see of the foil, the more I fall in love with it...have a wonderful weekend, Chick!