Featured Slider

Thursday, November 8, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #428 - Holiday Treats

Happy Thursday!

It's time once again for a new challenge over at the Hen House 
with the 4 Crafty Chicks!

I'm your hostess this week.

Lots of holidays are underway all over the globe and many to come in the next two months.  What is a holiday, no matter what it is, without some holiday treats?  That's what the Twist is with this week's challenge ---

Thanksgiving in the U.S. is coming up in two short weeks and so I decided to make my card for it.  Tradition calls for Pumpkin or Pecan pie.  Quite frankly, my family's preference is my easy peasy chocolate pie.  

I was perusing Pinterest to help my mojo and found a cute idea from Stampin' with Tami and gave it a whirl.  I just used a plain and scallop circle dies for my pie.  The top circle I embossed with the Tim Holtz 3D basketweave emboss folder.  I sponged the edges with Versafine ink, Sepia.  I bumped the pie up with dimensional tape on top a silver circle.  

Next I used the Catherine Pooler stencil, Split Chevron, and sponged a background using Twilight and Stone Blue.  I stamped the sentiment (Reverse Confetti) in Icing on the Cake brown.  I had some left over background made from alcohol ink so I punched some leaves out of it.  I added them with a leftover acorn to adhorn my pie.

Now go visit the rest of the Chicks' and check out their projects.  Come play along and show us some sa-weet (or salty) Holiday Treats!  

For Following Challenges:


Sunday Stamps - #191 Fall Whisper



Crafty Chick Blessings!


12 comments:

Loll said...

Yummy looking pie, Nance! Great work creating this delicious holiday treat. xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

What a clever idea. Love your pie and thank you for describing how you made it.. I will have to try it out sometime..

Bonnie said...

What a clever way to make a pie, Nance! Love the silver circle to look like the pie plate and that fancy crust! Your chocolate pie is hard to beat but this one does nicely for a Thanksgiving treat!

Sandy said...

Such a fun and yummy looking card Nance! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
-Sandy, DT

Leanne said...

Yummy, and love that background awesome job, and fun card friend. Hugs, L :)

Christine Alexander said...

Now that's clever and cool, I adore your yummy pie. the stenciling just draws your eye in :)

Heather said...

Now THAT is a beautiful pie! Love it! Love your background, too, perfect setting for the yummy pie, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Quillish said...

That's such an ingenious pie! Loved the way you depicted fall. Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs ~ Ishani

Indy's Designs said...

This is just darling! Thank for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lori Turner said...

Oh my gosh what a cute idea!!! LOVE this Nance!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, I love this card! The stenciled background is perfect to show case that delicious pie! I am all about the pies at Thanksgiving! Great sentiment, too, Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Heidi Baks said...

This is perfect! The brickwork embossing makes a perfect pie lattice, and I love the top-down view. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps Challenge!