Featured Slider

Thursday, September 27, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #422 - Happy Fall Y'all


FALL is officially here in the Northern Hemisphere!

I can't believe summer is over and sweaters, pumpkins and changing leaves are now the thing. It certainly doesn't feel like it or look like it here in central North Carolina. 

This week at 4 Crafty Chicks is full of Fall too!


Lori is our hostess 
and 
she wants us to celebrate FALL!



I bought a new pumpkin die from Memory Box and tried it out with some alcohol inked paper.  I love how they look!  I also pulled out a watercolored background I had made using a stencil resist technique (not sure that's the term).  I had watercolored then placed a stencil of leaves on top and dabbed water over the stencil to lift some of the color off to reveal the pattern.  Then, I decided to add a little white pigment ink where I lifted the color and finally added a bit of bronze perfect pearls.  This is the layer on top of a leaf embossed background. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed in Rose Gold powder. I cut it with a die, which I also used to make the gold trim.  Then I cut the leaves and acorns.  The bronze leaf dies were a gift from Bonnie Klass that I have really needed to use. 

Go check out the rest of the Chicks' projects in the Hen House.  Then come play along either with our Anything Goes challenge or this week's Twist of Fall!

Crafty Chick Blessings!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty arrangement of fall harvest, Nance! Love the shine of all that foil and the way you've done that stenciled background!

Kim Heggins said...

so beautiful...love those gorgeous fall colors and images!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Nance! So elegant with gold, bronze and rose gold. Love your new pumpkin dies ... the colours of the ai panel they were cut from are perfect! xx

Leanne said...

Oh so pretty love the colors. Embossing powder makes this pop, way to go!