Featured Slider

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas - September 2018


It's the 25th of the month if you can believe it.  

Just three months until Christmas Day!

Do you have your Christmas cards done yet?

Well, today is the 
Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop!
So come check out some awesome inspiration to help you either get started or finish

Kelly Lunceford heads up this wonderful blog hop every month on the 25th to provide lots and lots of creative, inspirational mojo in getting an early start on Christmas cards or projects.

I'm on another Christmas card DT (CAS Christmas) and last month our challenge was a tree. I pulled out my Spellbinders nesting triangle dies.  I cut several "trees" from various cardstock and background paper.  

I had some left over triangles so I thought I would use them for this month's Blog Hop to show how you can create simple cards with basic supplies. 

The one above I made a snowcapped mountain with a green triangle and some chunky Frontage.  I nestled it I took the negative from a white triangle and positive of a green one.  I used white chunky Frontage for the snowcap.  I stamped and white embossed the sentiment.  The deer are a border type stamp I stamped in Versafine Black Onyx.  I finished the card by nestling the green mountain in the negative of one of my other die cut triangle bases.


Above, I took the negative background, watercolored and stenciled from a cut triangle, added some white triangles, with the smallest one stamped with a small tree. I added the sentiment at the bottom and then popped the whole layer up as well as the inner layer.

Now hop through the list and check out the rest of the team's projects:





Broni Holcombe (off this month)





Nance Salkeld (You are HERE!)




Keeping Christmas Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Oh my only 3 months to Christmas:)
Love your triangle trees, great CAS Cards.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! These are amazing! I love those fabulous trees!

Leanne said...

Awesome cards friend, love the trees, and the way you used the dies, wonderful. Way to go with the blog hop!

Marcia Hill said...

So simple and from leftovers, but oh so STUNNING Nance! Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

love both of your sweet cards, those triangles are fabulous.

Susan said...

Love the simple use of the triangle dies to create such variety in your cards! My favourite is the second one with the great use of the tree stencil for the outer frame and then the layering of the inner triangles, down to the small one with the stamped tree that goes so well with the trees on the stencil.

Bonnie said...

I love your triangle trees this month as much as last month, Nance! Triangle cuts are going to have to go on my list!

Loll said...

Wonderful designs Nance!! Love these large triangle die-cuts ... so versatile. Have enjoyed all the different designs using it! xx

Anita said...

Love these Nance, they’re so pretty!