Featured Slider

Thursday, September 6, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #419 - Photo Inspiration Twist

Hello Thursday!

This week really flew by with a holiday on Monday for the U.S and Canada!

It's also amazing how one day can throw off your whole week!  I had a few other "interruptions" too.  Mind you they were welcome interruptions --- my grown children.  They both may be out of the nest but I'm blessed to have a close relationship with them in which they both text me often every week.  Hopefully that will continue as time goes on and their lives become busy with families and such.  Now and again it's a request for "Mom's help" but usually it's to share what's going on with them, which I enjoy and soak up.  It can get a little chaotic though when I receive a barrage of texts from both at the same time as is what happened this week.  LOL  

The youngest just found some more permanent temporary housing out in California where he moved over the summer. Now I am in the process of condensing some of his belongings he left here to ship to him.  Yeah, that's why I was so popular with one of them on Monday!  hahaha <wink wink>


So that is the backstory for why my post for 4 Crafty Chicks is late this week. 


This week we have a photo inspiration for our twist challenge and Leanne, 
our fabulous leader is our hostess!

I had the main image of my card finished early but then I got a creative block and could NOT get the rest of it together for some reason.  Probably because I had sheets, pillows, clothing, what nots on my mind for my son.  hahaha  Anyway, laaate last night it finally came together...
I thought I was "food" challenged in my stamps but after I finished this image, I found several old stamp sets I could have used and almost did, but I stuck with this cutie.  I actually used my ZIG real brush water markers and colored the outline image of the stamp.  Then I took a waterbrush and pulled the color into the image centers.  It's not perfect and I tried to hide one icky part but it didn't look right so I just left it as is, imperfections and all.  I did enjoy this process, very relaxing (minus the one hiccup). The main image is an old stamp from Your Next Stamp.  The bird is from a gnome stamp set, old too, maybe Stampendous but not sure.  The sentiment is from a set called Victory Garden by TPC Studio.   The burst die is Avery Elle, scalloped die is Poppy Stamps. 


Make sure and stop by the Hen House and check out Leanne, Lori, Amy and Tangii's projects.  I really am blessed to be a part of these fabulous "chicks"!

Crafty Chick Blessings!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Adorable friend, and sure is sweet, "Mom's" jobs are never done and your sons are lucky to have you. Awesome card ;)

Bonnie said...

Your little gal turned out beautifully and I can't see any blips! Love her in that sunburst! Love that sunburst!!! Great job, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What wonderful and precious interruptions you had, Nance! Bliss for Mom. I was never be a pleasing daughter for my mom and I regret it now. ;-(
The Zig colored girl is so cute! I can't find any hiccup you're talking about. (I did look for it!) Layering the scalloped frame under the sunburst adds cuteness to the card. Hideko xx

Tangii said...

Oh my goodness how adorable she is!!! I love her "watercolored" too! Wonderful. Have a great week friend.

Loll said...

Adorable card Nance! That little girl is so sweet! Your framing is awesome. xx