Featured Slider

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - April 2018

Good Afternoon 
and 
Happy April!

It's time for a new monthly challenge
at 
CAS Christmas!

Bonnie is our host this month
and
she has chosen ---
I have to admit, for some reason, this one stumped me.  Maybe because I'm not used to making Christmas cards before Sept/Oct or because I don't have but maybe two ornament stamps or dies.  It could also be my mojo was a no-go or a combo of all of the above.  Yet, here it is!  LOL

I used some background paper I had already made with watercolor and cling wrap with some added pearlized Glimmer Mist on top.  It has a slight sheen to it, but hard to see in the photo.

Once I cut out my ornament, I wiped it with my embossing buddy, taped my Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil down and applied Versamark through the stencil.  Then, I embossed it with WOW white emboss powder.  I have been trying to use up backgrounds already made or cut from dies and I used one from Papertrey Ink.  Lastly, I cut the sentiment from gold cardstock and added gold string to the ornament.

Stop by the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog and check out the rest of the Designers' projects.  Then, play along with us and increase your Christmas card stash. You have until April 24th!  It may be spring outdoors, but it can be Christmas in your craft room all year long!

I'm entering my card in the following Challenges:

Card Details:
STAMPS: None
PAPER: Neenah white cardstock, 80 lb and 110 lb; Gold foil cardstock by Stampin' Up; Strathmore Watercolor paper, 140 lb.
INK: Versamark; Watercolors
EXTRASOrnament Nesting Die by Spellbinders; Stencil - Holiday Knit by Tim Holtz; Center Stage Cover Up Die - Papertrey Ink; Noel die by Spellbinders; Gold string by Stampin' Up.

CAS Christmas Blessings!




12 comments:

Loll said...

Love the soft pastel colours of your beautiful ornament done with the cling wrap technique, Nance! Great idea to die-cut the ornament and then heat emboss on top. A lovely design with the gold accents and your white-on-white die-cut background! xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful watery colors on your lovely shaped large ornament Nance! The die cut background adds dimension while still being CAS in the white - the sentiment is lovely in the gold! Julia xx

nancy littrell said...

For having a difficult time designing your card, it sure turned out beautifully, Nance. I love your die cut white background for added texture. Your die cut ornament with the gorgeous heat embossed stenciling is so pretty and festive. My Norwegian blood..loves it!

Adding your gold accents were the perfect contrast. TFS Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

It turned out wonderfully Nance, the soft colours with the white embossing is so pretty and love the touch of gold. Great ornament card :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Very lovely pastel watercolored & glimmer misted ornament, Nance! The heat-embossed knit design is so pretty! I love the great contrast between the ornament’s soft look and the sharp background cover plate design! Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Your supply of ornaments is probably about the same as my supply of holly from last month’s challenge. 😉 What a lovely card, Nance. Using a cling wrap piece from your stash gave it immediate texture. Adding the embissing was brilliant. xx

Mac Mable said...

Me too on the ornament supplies. Love the non traditional colour of your gorgeous bauble. The texture form the dry embossing and the stencilling embossing is fabulous...as is your card x

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous. I love the colour of your bauble and the sweet stencilling. Well done for using up your backgrounds too. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Susan said...

Beautiful soft colours in your ornament - love the bit of embossing on it. It looks great against the dry embossed background.

Bonnie said...

Your ornament is gorgeous, Nance! The watercolor is so pretty and I love the embossed Nordic design you've put on it! It didn't stump you for long! (If you want to borrow some ornament stamps or dies, let me know. I have lots and you are welcome to use some.)

Fabiola said...

elle est magnifique Nance, cet ornement est si joliment décoré, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like your embossing and big bauble.
Thanks for join us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.