Featured Slider

Thursday, April 12, 2018

4CC# 398-Raining Cats N' Dogs Twist

Happy Thursday!

It's time once again for a new challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.  

Boy, this week really flew by!  


I'm hostess this week!

Since it's April and spring and it usually rain alots in Aprill, 
I have chosen the Twist of Raining Cats N' Dogs!


My card is about 65% what I wanted it to be.  I haven't been in my craft room all week due to us doing some small renovation and redecorating in our house.  So, today I finally got in there.  I knew what I wanted to do, and I had my card about 80% done and then disaster!  UGH!  It just did not work out at all! I wanted to cry sooo bad and give up, BUT, I persevered and here is the better version.  The other one went to the shredder.  I will also say our renovations are going about as well as that original card did. LOL I need a vacation badly, just sayin'.  

Be sure and stop by the Hen House and check out all the other Chicks' projects, including our April Guest Designer, Helen.  Then, come play along with us this week, play the twist or not.  We love seeing what you create!

Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Cat - (Tim Holtz); Umbrella - (Taylored Expressions); Sentiment - "Rainy Days"(Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore); White cardstock (Neenah 110 lb); Silver mirror cardstock; Patterned Paper (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Midnight and Something Blue (Catherine Pooler Ink); Zig Realbrush watercolor pens; Copics. 
Extras: Stitched clouds (Lawn Fawn); Wonky stitched rectangle (Stamplorations); Cat die (Tim Holtz); Umbrella die (Taylored Expressions); Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh).

For Following Challenges:

For BOLD ---I used bold colors.

Crafty Chick Blessings!

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Such a great card friend sorry about the first one. Love this challenge! Good luck with those renos😄.
Hugs, L 💕

Bonnie said...

This kitty looks a bit worried to be lifted by the umbrella! LOL, love these cats! Sorry the reno and crafts aren't going as well as hoped. If you need some craft therapy, come on over. I've been throwing away as much as I keep lately too. Your background here is so pretty and "wet" looking! Love the yellow checked umbrella!

Susan said...

Your twist on "raining cats and dogs" made me smile - the poor cat looks like he might blow away in the storm! Great background and use of the clouds dies.

Christine Alexander said...

love your cat singing in the rain (as the song goes through my head over and over again:)) Such a fun card.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and creative card...love it x

Tangii said...

Adorable! Brilliant pairing up that umbrella with Tim's kitty <3