Featured Slider

Thursday, January 12, 2017

4CC #333 - Navy, Gold, Coral


Happy Thursday!

Hope everyone is having a good week and
not too snowed in,
 (if you're in the northern hemisphere)!

It's time for another challenge at
4 Crafty Chicks
so come play along with us!

I'm hosting this week and this week is COLOR!

4CC #333 - Navy, Gold, Coral

This is one of my favorite color combos!

Please stick to using just these colors as it is a color challenge week.  
You may use neutrals as well. 

If you didn't come from the Hen House to my blog,
make sure you stop by there and check out the rest of the team's beautiful projects!

Here is my card ---


STAMPS: Peony Bouquet (Altenew); Sentiment - Fond Expressions 2 (Stamplorations)
PAPER: Navy, gold cardstock; Watercolor paper.
INK: Calypso Coral (Stampin Up), Gold Color Shine spray ink (Heidi Swapp)
EXTRAS: Peony Bouquet Dies (Altenew); Wheat Die (Reverse Confetti); Scallop Tag Layer (Reverse Confetti); stitched scallop border (Avery Elle).

I have been wanting to ink up those new peony stamps from Altenew for a while and with this color combo, I thought it would be perfect to make coral peonies.  I stamped them on watercolor paper with Versamark, embossed them in gold and then used a water brush with Calypso Coral ink to paint them before die cutting them. On the side, you can't see well because it's navy on navy, but there is a scalloped stitched border.  I know those are wheat leaves, but I think they make cool flower leaves too.  ;)

I hope you will ink up some stamps and play along with us this week!

For Following Challenges:

My "New" was new stamps/dies




Crafty Chicks Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

12 comments:

Leanne said...

Gorgeous, awesome color combo and beautiful card!

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely STUNNING Nance!

Lori Turner said...

Wow, Nance! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love your watercoloring! xoxoxo

Ina G said...

OMGosh this IS stunning. The colour combination is awesome especially dipped in gold. Beautiful layout. So glad you shared this with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Chris Dring said...

What an absolutely STUNNING card! LOVE the peonies water colored in coral, and great touches with the gold and navy! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your gorgeous flowers, those colors are stunning and I love that gold embossing!

Bonnie said...

WOW! THIS IS GORGEOUS! I love how you've colored the flowers and I'll remember you have those dies. I have the stamps but not the dies! Love how you've used these elegant colors! WOW!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Congrats...this is so beautiful. Love the color combo. What did you use on the flower for the gold edge process?

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card!!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pretty flowers embossed in gold and watercolored in coral. Great job. Love overall design of your card.

Tamie said...

I love that you used flowers and the dies are awesome! Gorgeous layout too. Rocked it

Skrater said...

wow this immediately caught my eye, it so stunning! Great design. Just beautiful!!!!