Featured Slider

Friday, January 14, 2022

Spinning Into The New Year

 Hello there again!

I have several cards in this post to share. I saw a video  by Ardyth Percy-Robb last week using a salad spinner and so I ordered one and tried the technique. Do I order a salad spinner for lettuce? Oh NO, just for crafting!  HAHAHA Little did I know that this technique has been around a while, mostly as a kid's crafting tool, but I did find several other card makers besides Ardyth who have tried it.

While all of these were created with alcohol inks, I also tried my Catherine Pooler Reinkers on watercolor paper and glossy cardstock.  Those I will show at another time.  These are all using alcohol ink on Yupo paper.



Card #1 Supplies:
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Yupo Paper
Black cardstock (Lawn Fawn maybe?)
Sentiment Die - Well Hey There Hexagon by Catherine Pooler Designs




Card #2 Supplies:
Neenah Solar White cardstock
Gold Foil cardstock
Yupo paper
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Slimline background die -On The Rocks by Catherine Pooler Designs
Thank You Glimmer Foil sentiment and die - by Spellbinders




Card #3 Supplies
Neenah Solar white cardstock
Black cardstock
Yupo paper
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Loon Die - Gina Marie Designs
Thanks die - Catherine Pooler Designs




Card #4 Supplies
Neenah Solar white cardstock
Black cardstock
Yupo paper
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Polka Dot cover plate - Catherine Pooler Designs
Thank you die - Scrapbook.com


I did find that depending upon how much I spun or how many layers of ink I applied, I got different results. My spinner also had a stop button you could press to stop the spinning more abruptly.  I think that also played a factor in my results.  Some were splattered more, while some became more soft looking with less definitive lines.  Still, I loved trying this technique and creating some very interesting backgrounds. 


I'm glad you stopped by to visit. Hope you come again!  


Spinning Ink Blessings!




3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! I found a salad spinner at Dorcas this week and brought it home to try this technique. I'm going to try floating alcohol inks too. Hope I have enough 91% alcohol. May need to go the store and get some before I get all inky. Love your results and may need some hints!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...these are all so amazing and to beautiful! Just love how you created these masterpieces!!!

Susan said...

I must look for an inexpensive salad spinner and try this - I love the results you got! Beautiful colour combinations and cards.