Featured Slider

Friday, January 14, 2022

On Your Special Day


Hello there! Happy New Year!

It's been a very long time since I've been here. 

2021 definitely was a challenging year for me creatively as maybe it was for many others.  Halfway through the year I finally realized I needed to just go with the flow.  Then about 2/3 of the way I decided to take a bit of a break from crafting, stepping down from 4 Crafty Chicks and basically leaving my craft room more than not.  I dabbled a little here and there but not significantly.

And, then came the holidays and my holiday spirit took a nose dive creating even more of a gaping hole in my creativity.  I couldn't wait for January to be here so the holidays would be over.  Mind you, I was thoroughly excited to have both our boys back under our roof for the holidays and to celebrate with the family.  I just wasn't into all the normal hoopla of decorating, baking, etc, even though I did both. Our youngest son and his girlfriend moved back to the East coast in mid-December.  Presently they are in NC splitting time between their two families and preparing to move a little north to Virginia.  Our oldest and their wife are still with us as our daughter inlaw will begin her last semester in grad school this month. So while I haven't been too festive or creative, I have been enjoying my family. 

Now the tree and decorations are put away, a new year has begun and so has my creativity (thank goodness).  This card I created for my older brother, whose birthday was on the 5th.  I wanted to wait to share it until I knew he had received it.  I used the Winter Forest Layering stencil by Pinkfresh Studio to create my background and basically the card. I added a few extra lines of trees to fill it up.. The die trees are by Memory box, cut from inked paper in each of the green inks by Catherine Pooler Designs.





Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you will visit again.

New Year Blessings!







No comments: