Featured Slider

Monday, May 11, 2020

Butterfly Moms

Happy Monday!

I believe my mojo is finally back for a while and I've been taking advantage of it.  Woohoo!  I just haven't had time to photograph or post the results much.  So I'm taking a little time now to do that. This trio is Mother's Day cards I made for my mom, Dave's mom and Dave's stepmom.  I almost didn't send them I loved them so much I wanted to hold on to them a while longer.  Do you ever do that?  Just want to hoard your creations? <wink wink>  Anyway, I did not hoard and they all got them before yesterday.  
I used the Happy Butterflies stamp set and Wings of Joy stamp/die set by Catherine Pooler Designs.  They are part of her newest collection, Flutters & Blooms. 

The first one, I used a piece of a watercolored background piece I've had in my stash waiting for the perfect card for it.  It has blues and purples with flecks of gold splattered all over it.  So I stamped and embossed my butterflies with WOW Gold Fine emboss powder and then using Grape Crush, Pixie Dust, and Aquatini with water and a watercolor brush.  I set the background on some gold foil cardstock and a scallop border frame and adhered it all to a light blue cardbase.

Next one I used the same inks and buttefly set.  I also used the Garden's Edge die and the Painted Stripe background stamp stamped in Sweet Sixteen with gold foil cardstock separating the two.  The sentiments are from the Thoughtful Phrases set and they were stamped in Grape Crush on cardstock inked with Sweet Sixteen.  I finished the card off with a strip of gold foil cardstock and aqua enamel dots.



 The last card I used the Wings of Joy die actually to  cut the butterfly from a background I stamped a while back from the Doodle Garden background.  I used letters from      the Funky Alphabet set and stamped them in versamark on top of the butterfly and then embossed in WOW Gold emboss powder.  I stamped the other sentiment in Sweet Sixteen ink at the bottom corner of the panel. Then, I took a piece of the striped background I had stamped before and put it under the white panel at the bottom.  Lastly I added some Paisley Park sequins.


Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. 

Be healthy, safe and sane!  


Mom Blessings!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Three beautiful butterfly cards, Nance! Looks like you made all the moms in your life happy!