Featured Slider

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #491 Occasions

Hello!

It's a cold Thursday here in North Carolina.  Winter has finally made it south at least a little bit.  I don't mind a wee bit of snow (3-4 inches) but the cold temps I can do without.  That's why we moved south, to stay warm most of the year!  Yet, I can't complain because I know many more in the west, north and northeast are getting pummeled with snow and colder temps than us. Now to business at hand, today's challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Lori is our hostess this week.  This is the fourth Thursday and so our fourth Thursday challenge is Occasions(birthday, anniversary, various different holidays, etc).  


If you have been following us all month, you know we have changed our challenges this new year.  Here is the schedule we will now follow each month:

Week 1
Stamp Act 
(must have a stamp/digi image on card/project)

Week 2
Christmas
 (must have something with Christmas on it)

Week 3
CAS 
(Clean and Simple)

Week 4
All Occasions 
(Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's, etc.)

Week 5
Anything Goes 
(When there are five Thursday's in the month)

So here is my card for this week's Occasions challenge... 

This month is Stamp Nation's 9th Birthday and for the Penpal swap this month we were to make a birthday card to send to our Penpal.  You might laugh, but I got my inspiration for my card from a tissue box.
It also reminded me of a technique Jennifer McGuire showed last month on her blog, stacking dies and embossing with them.  She mostly did parts of a card that way but I decided to do the whole front of my card and then use the fun Square Dance stencil by Catherine Pooler Designs. I masked the center square before stenciling.  I used Fiesta Blue and Garden Party inks by Catherine Pooler with blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios).  I've listed the rest of supplies below.

Please stop by the Krafty Chicks Challenge blog and check out Leanne, Lori, and Tangii's projects as well as our Guest Designer, Jill's.  Come play along with us this week. I'm sure there is an occasion coming up in which you need a card made.  

For Following Challenges:



Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment f/m Birthday Icons (Catherine Pooler); Images - Celebrate Friends (Catherine Pooler).
Paper: Neenah solar white 110 lb
Ink:Party Dress, Fiesta Blue, Garden Party, Midnight (Catherine Pooler).

Extras: Stencil - Square Dance (Catherine Pooler); Nesting square dies (Kat Scrappiness); Sentiment coordinating die -Birthday Icons (Catherine Pooler); Balloons and cake - Celebrate Friends (Catherine Pooler). Black thread.


Krafty Chick Blessings!


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a great example of this technique, Nance! Love the colors and the stenciling on the embossed background!

Leanne said...

I love this, and the tissue box. Fun Great job, I saw that you can use dies for embossing want to try it too. Way to go! Hugs,L

Lori Turner said...

Oh this is really cool - I love this! Have a wonderful weekend xoxoxo

Tangii said...

Very cool! I love those colors and the texture is fabulous!!!