Featured Slider

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #490 CAS

Hello Thursday!
Today is the day for a new challenge at Krafty Chicks.  Tangii is our hostess for our third week, which is CAS- (Clean & Simple).


So I'm still trying to use up a lot of die cuts and backgrounds I've created and stashed away.  The butterfly on this card is one of those.  I have a small box of embossed enameled die cuts I created about 2-3 years ago with Bonnie Klass one day at her house.  I think it was probably three years ago.  WOW, time flies!  Anyway, I have about four butterflies and some other images that I was playing around with to create a CAS card for this week.  So of course, then, I had a hard time choosing which one and which layout I wanted to use, keeping in mind to stay CAS.  You'd think by now, me being on another Design Team that is all CAS creations, I'd be pretty adept to CAS cards, but nope! I need a buzzer that goes off when I get carried away with adding things saying "step away from the card"!  LOL  I finally made up my mind and went with what you see.  I love that butterfly.  It is cut from thin chipboard, a cereal box I think and embossed with some yellow and gold emboss powders. 

The sentiment is from a stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs (CPD), Fluttering Friends, stamped in Twilight ink by Catherine Pooler Designs. I cut out a label die by My Favorite Things to stamp the sentiment and popped it up with some dimension adhesive on the embossed background.


Don't forget to stop by the Krafty Chicks blog and all of the Design Team's projects, including our January Guest Designer's, Jill.  Come play along with us and create a CAS card or two!


Krafty Chick Blessings!



3 comments:

Leanne said...

This is such lovely card the embossing and the butterfly pops. WTG! ❤️

Bonnie said...

Those embossed leaves are the perfect place for this butterfly, Nance! I had the griddle out the other day for some hearts. It was not as fun doing this alone as with you!

Lori Turner said...

This is very pretty, Nance! I have a lot of die cuts to use up too - you've given me some ideas! Thanks for sharing xoxoxo