Featured Slider

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Faux Stained Glass Blessings


Here's #3! 



I wanted to try the faux stained glass technique from Jennifer McGuire.  I used the Birch Leaf die from Neat and Tangled.  First, I used Orange Twist and Mardi Gras dye ink re-inkers on watercolor paper to create a colored leaf to die cut.  I cut the top leaf from Chocolate brown cardstock.  I also cut a base leaf from craft foam for the bottom.  Once I adhered all the layers together I added Tonic Crystal Glaze to make the stained glass. 

For Following Challenges:




Thankful Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is absolutely GORGEOUS Nance!! Haven't tried this technique yet but it sure looks FABULOUS with the Neat & Tangled leaf die cut...LOVE it!! :0)

Karen Dunbrook said...

this looks so amazing...love it.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful leaf, Nance! It's perfect for the stained glass technique! Love how you've mixed two kinds of wood for a rustic but classy look!

Loll said...

WOW! STUNNING card Nance. LOVE those you've used the colours from the challenge. Great texture from your wood embossed strip. But it's that leaf that just steals the show. It's AMAZING! Great technique to show off the beautiful design of the leaf die-cut. xx

Christine Alexander said...

I love the effect of the stain glass Nance and to top it your colours are stunning:)