Featured Slider

Thursday, October 11, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #424 - Pink Is New Orange

Happy Thursday!
I still can't believe it's already October!  Weather here is still August time so I'm really thrown off.  After Tropical Storm Michael passes by we are going to finally have fall weather I believe.  I think the whole southeast could have done without Michaels overall and just welcomed cool temps. 

Well, let me get to the reason for my post ---- a new challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!



Put some pink on your project --- either replace orange with pink or just add pink!

It's October, time for pumpkins and all things orange and it is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  So I thought a twist on color would be fun.

Here is my card ---
I used a spiderweb stencil and Catherine Pooler ink(It's a Girl) for my background.  The label is either by Taylored Expressions or My Favorite Things.  I cannot remember.  The witch hate, shoes, spider and flower are Catherine Pooler Designs stamps (see supply list below). The broom stamp is from Recollections.  I colored everything with Zig Real Clean Color Brush markers and/or CP inks. I sparkled things just a bit, adding some Wink of Stella to the shoestrings, hat band, broom band, spider and flower.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

Stop by the Hen House and see the rest of the Chicks' projects and wander over to their blogs and leave them some blog love.  Then come play along with us, either using our twist of using the color pink or in our never-ending Anything Goes challenge.  

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment-Tickled Pink (My Favorite Things); Witch hat, shoes, spider from Everything But The Broom (Catherine Pooler Designs); Broom (Recollections); Flower from Giggles- (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Paper: White cardstock (Neenah 110 lb solar white); Watercolor paper (Strathmore).
Ink: Midnight archival; It's A Girl, Party Dress, Sand Castle, Icing On The Cake, (Catherine Pooler Inks); Zigs Watercolor Markers; Clear Wink of Stella.
Extras: Label die (Taylored Expressions);  Coordinating dies for Everything But The Broom (Catherine Pooler Designs); Spiderweb stencil (Clear Snaps).

Crafty Chick Blessings!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love all these pink witches accessories, Nance! What a fun card and perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness!

Kim Heggins said...

this is just too darn cute!

Leanne said...

Awesome, love this stencil and you made this challenge so much fun. Great card friend. Cheers!

Loll said...

Fantastic design Nance!! LOVE the pink replacing the orange on this ... so creative and fun! xx