Featured Slider

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oh Em Gee!





OMG! This poor witch had a bad night!  LOL  I finally got out my fall and Halloween decor and put it up earlier this week.  While decorating, I got some creative ideas for cards and other crafts.  This is one of them.  A couple years ago I made my own witch legs and put them outside upside down in a black iron cauldron that we just happened to inherit with our house.  This year they are in the same cauldron but this time accompanied with some flowers.  And we have yet to purchase some pumpkins.  I know, kind of late.  We do have a plastic carved one that plugs into an outlet that we have had for probably 15 years.  I now call him our "empty nest Jack" as the kids are grown and in college and usually the Hubs works on Halloween so yes, I've slacked off on the jackolantern making!  LOL

I thought this would make a really funny card with the witch legs and funny sentiments.  The sentiments are from Paper Smooches (Gang Slang).  I used the color combo at  Party Time Tuesday and the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!  The card base is a dark gray.  The photo makes it look black almost.  The conversation bubbles are die cut from light gray cardstock and stamped in Tuxedo black.  The pumpkin is also die cut from the light gray with black facial features.   I stamped some leaves on the dark gray and embossed them in clear powder.   The witch leg die is from Taylored Expressions and comes in a set of three with a stocking pair.  I used the shortest legs and cut them in orange and black.  Then, I cut the tights in the yellow orange and alternated the orange.  Then I embossed the shoes with clear emboss powder, added a layer of glossy accents and then crystal stickles.  I dabbed some stickles on the tights too and added yellow dots on the shoes for the finishing touch.








Party Time Tuesdays #142


SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiments - Gang Slang (Paper Smooches); Conversation balloons - Delightful Day (Taylored Expressions); Leaf - Simple Greetings (Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: Black, Dark gray, light gray, orange and yellow orange cardstock.
INK: Tuxedo Black (Memento). Clear emboss powder.
EXTRAS:  Pumpkin die (Sizzix); Witch legs die (Taylored Expressions); Conversation balloon dies (Taylored Expressions); Crystal Stickles; Glossy Accents; yellow orange gem dots; black gem dots.

OMG!  Blessings!  ;)

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Scooping pumpkin guts is one of those things that I just never enjoyed ;) Luckily the kids don't either! Love this fun card - especially those sentiments (you're gonna get addicted to Paper Smooches too, just watch!)

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen. Love the sparkle you added to the legs. Thank you for joining us at the Party Time Tuesdays.

Betty said...

:-D ... this is so cool. Love the legs in the air. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

jonim52 said...

oh this is so funny LOL. super super cute. Thanks for joining the party at PTT.