Featured Slider

Friday, October 25, 2013

Golden Fall


Back again with another card.  I told you I've been busy!  LOL  

This card saw a lot of sewing action!  I think I mentioned I finally dusted off my sewing machine last week.  I can almost thread it with my eyes closed now! hahaha  It still gets odds and ends thrown on it from time to time, but at least we are on better speaking terms.

 SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment(Inkadinkadoo); Tree (Hampton Art);  PAPER:  Kraft cardstock; DP-Pyrus(Basic Grey); Linen fabric; INK: Timber Brown (Staz On); Dandelion; Tangelo; Rhubarb Stalk (Memento); EXTRAS: Diamond Stickles; Kraft tag; orange ric rac ribbon; green satin ribbon; sewing thread; pop dots; leaf brads.


The inspiration for this card came from the sewing.  I attempted to sew a chevron pattern with the various colors yellow, orange, red orange and brown on linen type fabric.  From there, I stamped the tree on linen also in 
a three tone color of the oranges and yellow.  My original idea was to have it more visible, but I just needed something behind the tree stamp to make it stand out.  I added diamond Stickles to the tree leaves to make them sparkle and to the "Gold" in the sentiment, which actually, on the brown ink made it look kind of gold!

FOR CHALLENGES: 

 


BYB...

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Love the gorgeous tag on your fall card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal this week. We hope to see you again for our new challenge tomorrow.

Jessi Fogan said...

Little red wagon has a brads/eyelets challenge this week too! Those leaves are gorgeous. Love the canvas too!