Featured Slider

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Leafy Thanks

 

Good Evening!

I have a quick post tonight. I've been trying to make cards using my already made backgrounds. This card features a panel of foiled leaves I created using my new Glimmer Hot Foil System by Spellbinders.  Back in the spring (way too long ago), Bonnie Klass and I got together and played around with our hot foil systems and plates.  

I used a leaf foil plate I had also gotten from Spellbinders and foiled it on burgundy cardstock.  Along with the foiled panel, I used a leaf embossing folder by Carta Bella, embossing some heavy white cardstock.  Then, I gently ran a Versamark ink pad and brushing gold Perfect Pearls across the panel to add some shimmer.  Next I trimmed down the panel and adhered it to a cardbase and adding the foiled panel on top.  The last touch was a "thanks" sentiment die cut (Catherine Pooler Designs) in gold foiled cardstock, gluing it in the middle and adding some shimmery gems for even more sparkle.

I really like the final product and how the slight shimmer of the Perfect Pearls is just enough to enhance the Glimmer foiled leaf panel.

For Following Challenges:

I made this card specifically for the Just Add Ink challenge this week:


I used a Glimmer foiled die, shimmery Perfect Pearls, and foil cardstock.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit to my blog.  I hope you come back again.


Glimmer, Shimmered Blessings!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the dramatic effect of your foiled leaves against the burgundy background, just lovely. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Love the foil leaves - they are wonderfully iridescent. Chantell Just Add Ink

Bonnie said...

Wow! This glimmer foil on the burgundy is AWESOME, Nance! I was thinking this morning that I need to get my glimmer out again and play. I did finish a card today using one of the glaze backgrounds we did last week.