Featured Slider

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Hey Boo!

 Good Afternoon!


Guess who's back in crafty blogland?  

Seems like it's been forever, not just 2-1/2 months. . Life was getting so crazy over the summer, I decided I had to step back and take a break from a few things and refresh.   A little recap --- back in April our laundry room ceiling caved in due to a (still yet) mysterious water leak from upstairs, causing major damage to our laundry room and to our family room floor..  FINALLY, in late August everything was repaired and fixed with a new laundry room and new floors downstairs.  Then, the hubs and I took off for a much needed three week vacation to California to visit our youngest son. Oh what an adventure we had and a much needed life break for both of us, but most particularly for the Hubs!  We spent a lot of time with nature and beautiful scenery, sea scapes, forests, etc.  

Now, for the last three weeks I've been slowly getting back into East Coast time and regular life again. And just over the last week, I've also made it into my craft room a little more. I at first felt lost and like I couldn't remember how to even stamp but like riding a bike, it is coming back to me.  Of course, now I feel like I'm behind in stamping already with Halloween less than two weeks away and a ton of Halloween images staring at me to be colored and formed into cards.  Along with a list of birthday cards, a few thank you cards and oh yeah, Christmas cards!  Not to mention I had a small stack of new craft supplies waiting for me to open when I returned from vacation.

So perhaps it's only fitting the first card I finish and post here is of a couple, Halloween couple albeit, taking a little wooded drive....



For this card, I used new dies (from that stack awaiting me from vaca) from Spellbinders, the Sunday Drive and Halloween Sunday Drive.  I used colored cardstock by Gina K Designs for everything but the background and orange sun/moon.  I inked up a die cut circle with Limoncello, Tiara, Orange Twist and Rouge inks by Catherine Pooler.  The background is a stencil by Dutch Doobadoo that I've had for a very long time but not used. I inked it up in Sweet Sixteen, Pixie Dust, Grape Crush and Drive-In all also Catherine Pooler inks. That car with the skeleton and witch was so much fun putting together, I cut ALOT of them out in several different colors. 

For Following Challenges:


I used the diagonal row - Black, Orange Purple 



Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog and creations!


Traveling Blessings!








6 comments:

Stef Perry said...

Well, welcome back to "card world" as my husband likes to call it, and what a fabulous creation to start off with! Love the fun scene and that gorgeous setting sun. Oh and that hilarious sentiment! I'm glad out board inspired you this week, thanks for joining us!

Darnell said...

Welcome back, Nance! I'm sorry about your leak and how long it took, but I'll bet it's nice to have it all repaired. And I'm glad you had a wonderful time out here visiting your son and getting out to commune with Mother Nature. Your scary card is just adorable and very Halloween-y! You have definitely NOT lost any of your talent ~ your blending is absolute perfection!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Out of this world fantastic card!!!! I wanted this die last year and still think about it! Your colors and the background...OMG! Thanks for joining us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Bonnie said...

It's so good to see you back on your blog, my friend! I hope to get over there and see some of your new stash and play a bit! Love this card! What fun! Is that you and Dave on your way to trick or treating? LOL! Fabulous card, my friend!

ElizStewart said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster over the summer... hopefully the holidays will be a smooth drive! Absolutely love your new dies! The card is ADORABLE! Sit back and relax, you most certainly have your mojo. Thanks for sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Love it...what a fun card! Thank you for playing along :) !!!