Featured Slider

Friday, October 22, 2021

Blessing Leaves

Happy Friday!

Hope you're ready for the weekend!


I've been playing in the leaves this week.  Or rather, I've been playing WITH leaves.  Wanted to play in the CAS Mixup Challenge this month and the challenge was to take real leaves and either use a gel plate or watercolor to imprint them to make a card.  Well, I picked a handful of various leaves from our yard of 16 trees and went to town playing with my gel plate and just inking some leaves up with ink and water.



For my leaves, I sponged Cranberry Fizz, Flame, Glitz, Martini, and Uptown inks (by Catherine Pooler Designs) onto the backs of the leaves and spritzed them with water. Next I laid down the leaves onto wet watercolor paper and placed another sheet of cardstock on top.  I used my brayer to go over the paper to ensure I got a good imprint.  I love how this one turned out.  

The rest was very simple.  I inked up the edges of a cardbase in the Uptown ink for a border, gold embossed my stamped sentiment and added some gold paint splatters.

For Following Challenges:



I did: Stamping, Watercolor, Splatter, Embossing

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creations!

Fall Blessings!





4 comments:

Loll said...

Your leaf prints are gorgeous, Nance! LOVE the beautiful colours of ink you've used to ink up the leaves and add them to your gelli plate. Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Nance! Love, love, love the colors you've used and the fabulous imprint of the leaves! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda said...

This really caught my eye in the CAS Mix Up gallery ....... it's stunning! I love the colour mix, and what a great leaf print. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up! challenge

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous inked and gelly plate pressed Fall leaves, Nancy. Love your choice of Fall watercolors and CAS Card design. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs....Nancy