Featured Slider

Monday, February 24, 2014

Under The Weather?



Happy Tuesday!  

Time to be {PIN}spired

with another 

{PIN}spirational Challenge -- #96

This is our inspirational photo:



We have three great sponsors this week 

each providing a nice prize for one of three lucky winners!



 Prize:  5 Digis




Prize:  4 Digis




Prize:  3 Digis



And here is my project using 
Bee Digi #5
From Scrapper's Delights



I brightened up my photo and did a close up so you can see the black scallop frame I used and some other detail that gets lost in photographing.  

I was actually stumped with this project not knowing really what direction I wanted to take.  I had some yellow beehive pattern paper and some with bees, but once I used the honeycomb pattern emboss folder I tossed those papers out of the mix.  Since the bee is standing under a flower, I chose a rainy/ill theme and stamped and fussy cut the clouds. I cut out the top part of the flower to fit it on top of the frame (I should have printed out a smaller image but sometimes I refuse to admit defeat).  LOL

The raindrops are pale yellow flat sequins from Pink Posh. I sparkled them a bit with some Stickles as I also did the flower middle.  Of course, sitting and blogging I thought to myself that I should have Stickled the bee's wings also.  Oh well.



SPIES:
STAMPS: Digital bee image (Scrapper's Delights).  Sentiment & clouds (Taylored Expressions).
PAPER:  Black and white cardstock; DP - part of my stash from Taylored Expressions kits.
INK: Tuxedo Black and Summer Sky (Memento). Copics for digital image.
EXTRAS: Chain  link square die (Spellbinders); Honeycomb emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Bow die (Taylored Expressions); Pale yellow sequins (Pink Posh); Stickles; black enamel dot.


Feel Better Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, never admit defeat! Make it work...and I think it came out great! Cute image and I love the sequin raindrops with that extra bit of sparkle.

kReN said...

Hi, Nance! Saw your shaving cream card on Technique Tuesday. What a beauty it was! I need to get out my shaving cream and get "re-inky".

kReN