Featured Slider

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Journal Notes




I'm back again today.  I've been working on this project all week.  Have had to put it away and come back to it in between other projects.

This was a lot of fun and something new for me, recovering a journal.  I am a Key Ingredients Subscriber at Taylored Expressions and they just started monthly challenges where you have to use the previous month's kit and be entered for a prize.

The monthly kits are always packed full of goodies.  I've become quite the fan of Taylored Expressions!  February's Kit was Take Note and so the challenge was to create some kind of note card or item.  I also decided to use the sketch at Taylored Expressions sketch challenge #153.  I have a personal journal that I decided to spice up for myself hopefully to inspire me to use it more often.  I keep it at my bedside mostly to jot down creative ideas before going to sleep.  However, I have also begun a "365 Blessings" in it too.

As you see in the photo below of the 'before' shot, it really did need a makeover!
Before

After
Everything I used on this journal is from Taylored Expressions, except for the embossing folders I used on the green left border and the yellow squared on the bottom and the ink was VersaFine vintage sepia.  The stamps are the new Vintage Dreamer from Taylored Expressions and the DP paper was all from the accompanying pad, Lost & Found by My Mind's Eye.



Now I can't wait to write in it and may just have to keep it with me more frequently!  Have a wonderful evening!
 

No comments: