Featured Slider

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Stained Glass Easter- 4 Crafty Chicks #289-7 Layers

Happy Thursday!

I'm Guesting again over at 4 Crafty Chicks!




This week's challenge ---

#289 - 7 Layers!

Think you can pile 'em on?  
Well come play along with us and give it a try!


When I saw what this challenge was, I couldn't help think about the 7-Layer Salad my mom used to make and I make.  It's sooooo good!  Lettuce, onion, green pepper, peas, bacon, shredded cheese and the best part ---- the sweet/sour mayo dressing!  YUM!  Now I'm going to have to make some!

But I digress, here's what I created ---

The perfect challenge for my new supplies --- Stain glass cutting plate and cross die from Taylored Expressions.  I loooove the combo together.  The stained glass plate has a cross in the middle, but this other stand alone cross looks gorgeous with it too!  

The color around the outer border of the stain glass is actually a reflective/mirror gold cardstock.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I took a couple other pics hoping to pick up some of the gold.


The middle cross is also cut in the mirrored gold as are some of the small flowers around the wreath.  The wreath die and flowers are from WPlus9, another new acquiescence for me, as is the sentiment die from Penny Black.  

The background or "stained glass" part behind the cutting plate was made with Brushos - mostly orange but a bit of yellow and red also.  Then, I sprayed it with some gold Color Shine by Heidi Swapp.  I also used some of the rest of the background to cut the orange flowers. 

So, you have the card base (1), the gold layer (2), the Brusho layer (3), the cutting plate (4), the gold cross and wreath (5), the larger orange & gold flowers (6) and the smaller orange and gold flowers (7)  --- 7 Layers!  

I've just fallen inlove with my card!  LOL So much I had to go get some more gold mirror cardstock to make some more of them!

Now, go check out the 4 Crafty Chicks' Design Team's 7-Layered projects for more inspiration, then play along with us!

Crafty Chick Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awesome job with the Brushos, Nance! The background die does make it look like stained glass and the crosses layer beautifully. Every time I look at this I see something else! What a treasure trove!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am in love with this card also!! Love the touch of gold mirror and that stained glass is just stunning! (Now I am going to have to go shopping for the supplies to copy you!) Great job on the challenge this week!
Hugs - Tina

Time to be creativ said...

Very nice Card with many beautiful Details.
xx Merlina

Leanne said...

Gorgeous, love the die you used that background color pops, awesomeness. Well done friend! Cheers!

Lori Turner said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, Nancy!! LOVE the bright color with that gold - awesome!!