Featured Slider

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Eggstra Sweet - 4CC Challenge #288- Guest Designer!

I've had a secret!....

I'm a Guest Designer 
at 
for the whole month
of
March!  

YAY!

I'm so honored and so excited to be designing alongside these four talented chicks: Tamie, Lori, Leanne, and Tina!  Lori and I are former teammates from The Pink Elephant and I'm so thrilled to be able to design with her again!

This week ---
Leanne is our host

and she has chosen the theme: 

Easter!

It's just around the corner you know!  
(But seems like I just put away my Christmas tree)!

I love Easter, the religious meaning behind it of course.  My dad was a minister, so it was a busy time in our house as at church.  Yet I also love all the spring-time colors and the symbolism of rebirth and renewal. The flowers and trees wake up from their winter naps and bloom so vibrantly and smell so good!

And then there's the Easter bunny and Easter baskets filled with treats and fun!  I used to love having Easter Egg hunts at both my grandparents' homes after church.

Of course, you're not interested in my trip down memory lane, but it's a nice segway to my card, which involves, flowers and eggs and chicks ---

I wanted to make something springy, colorful and fun!  I chose papers from Doodle Bug's "Hello Spring" and used stamps from Taylored Espressions "Hello Spring".  I colored the image with Copics and Specturm Noir markers. The sentiment is Jelly Bean Time set from Paper Sweeties and the flower popped up is from Hippity Hoppity Easter Wishes by Paper Sweeties also.  The banner die is Reverse Confetti and the scallop border die is Taylored Expressions. I finished it off with a sparkly white enamel dot in the center of the flower.

So, go check out the 4 Crafty Chicks' projects, leave them some blog love and then share your own Easter project with us.  YOU might be the next Golden Egg Award winner!

For Following Challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nance - Welcome to the team this month! We are so excited to have you joining us ! I love how bright and fun your card it! And, I love trips down memory lane! Nothing can compare to our childhood memories.
Hugs. Tina

Leanne said...

Welcome Nance and so excited to have you with your wonderful talent join us Chicks this month. Awesome colors so vibrant and pretty cool stamp. Thanks again for a wonderful card. Wahoo!
Hugs, L

Diane said...

Congratulations Nance and what a super adorable card design.

Hugs Diane

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Nancy! Love this adorable Easter train! Nice bright, Spring colors!

wendi said...

What a pretty card! I love the pretty spring colors and the Easter images are really cute. Thanks for allowing Stampin' Celebration to inspire you!

tonyamaries said...

This is such a pretty card! Congrats on your guestie spot! Thanks for join us at Stampin' Celebration.

Lori Turner said...

Oh, girlie!!! So AWESOME to be designing with you again!! What a super cute Easter card, friend xoxoxoxo LOVE IT!!!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Love your take of the sketch, so much fun, it's stunning! Thank you for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Tamie said...

super excited to have your as our GDT. Your talent knows no bounds and this little number show it. I love the image and the layout you used for it. Thanks for being our GDT this month.

Hugs
Tamie DT