Featured Slider

Monday, March 21, 2016

Hello Spring - The Challenge #64

Good Morning Monday
and 
Happy Spring!

Yesterday was the first day of spring, 
but it sure didn't feel like it
in North Carolina!

A little cold snap came through 
making for a very chilly day!
Brrrrrr!

But it is now spring --- YAY!

Today there is a new challenge
at 
The Challenge!


Take anything you want from our
Inspiration Photo to make
your project!

Look at those wonderful bright, springy colors!

Check out what the Design Team has done for 
added inspiration:

--------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Featured Designer --Anita in France
Weekly Guest Designer---

Here is what I created---

My image is a digital stamp, peonies, from Power Poppy Stamps.  I thought it was just gorgeous!  My dad loved peonies!  I colored them with pink and orange gelatos. green for the leaves,mixed with water on water color paper.  I added some gold Wink of Stella and Diamond Stickles to the centers.  The sentiment I cut from white foam, gold and black cardstock.  I was going to keep it gold at first but it just didn't show up too well so I stacked black on top and made it a little two-toned.  I layered some green patterned paper, dark coral, black and gold cardstock behind the image.  I wanted the image to have center stage.

For Following Challenges:





Once you have visited my teamie's projects, (be sure to leave them a comment), link up your own and share it with us.  We can't wait to see how our challenge inspires you!  


Spring Challenge Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

9 comments:

phillymam37 said...

Gorgeous card, love the poppy image you used and the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us the Decorate to Celebrate blog!
Hugs- Elina DT DTC

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is GORGEOUS! I love peonies and your coloring is just fabulous! Your layout and sentiment are fabulous, too! XX

Bonnie said...

My mother loved peonies and I remember big, fragrant bouquets in the house when they were blooming. Your's are gorgeous! Beautifully colored! Glad to see you are getting use of those Gelatos. A reminder that I need to get them out again.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

This is such a beautiful card! My mom loves peonies and had 3 big bushes right outside our garage when I was a kid. I still get a big smile on my face whenever I see any!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Nance, I love those vibrant colours.

Broni said...

Wow, Nance! Your peonies are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lori said...

Wow! This is just amazing! Love the vibrant peonies.

Anita in France said...

Bold and so beautiful, Nance ... these vibrant peonies are just gorgeous! Anita :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a stunning and elegant card! The pink peonies are just vibrant. Thanks for joining us at Love the Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt