Featured Slider

Monday, March 14, 2016

Easter Blessings - The Challenge #64

Good Morning Again!

Check out this week's 
new challenge
at The Challenge!


It's our color challenge this week!

Use the photo for some inspiration along with the colors 
and
check out all of the wonderful talent
of 
The Challenge Design Team
and
leave them some blog luvin'!

--------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Featured Designer --Anita in France
Weekly Guest Designer -- Amy Tsuruta
Here's my card---


I love this cutting plate from Taylored Expressions sooo much!  For today's card, however, I used it as a stencil.  I cut out the plate die onto chipboard to have a fairly sturdy stencil (hoping I can resuse it a few more times).  Then, I sponged on Night of Navy, Bright Blue and Pear Tart dye inks.  I layered it onto a panel of navy, then of grey before putting it on a white card base.  I used sentiments from Paper Sweeties and My Favorite Things, stamped them in Night of Navy on a vellum cut banner die from Paper Sweeties.  I set the ink with clear emboss powder and heat gun.

Now, show us your paper project inspired by our colors this week!  We love being inspired by you as well!

For Following Challenges:



Challenge Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

8 comments:

Susi said...

Fabulous use of the TE cutting plate! Those colours and your technique make it look like stained glass, which is perfect for your Easter/Cross themed card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a cool card, Nance, love it!!

Bonnie said...

This die is gorgeous used as a stencil, Nance! Love the vellum banner! It's a perfect Easter card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is just gorgeous! Love the way you used the cutting plate! Such a beautiful Easter card, My Friend! XX

Anita in France said...

Fantastic, Nance ... the stencilling is fabulous ... looks just like a stained glass window behind the Easter cross! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Jill V said...

A very cool take on the inspiration photo - I love the stained glass look! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out! Jill

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the faux stained glass.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is beautiful, Nance! I love the stained glass look with the cross! Perfect for this time of year!