Chapeau de Witch

Monday, October 15, 2012



Happy Middle of October!  Time's a flyin'!  I have a really fun Halloween card today.  My inspiration to paper piece a witch hat came from the current ColourQ Challenge picture (see below).   This color combo has to be one of my all time favorites.  Of course, I may be biased since I have an October birthday but I love all the colors of Halloween too! 


I fashioned the hat from a banner (triangle) die cut and scallop oval die cut.  I ran the triangle through a damask emboss folder then wrapped the base of it in black tulle.  The "buckle" is a Spellbinder's Shapeabilities pendant with a lavender button and Halloween brad affixed in the middle.  The paper for the buckle was leftover homemade background paper I made with watercolor paper and Dylusions ink spray.   I just love those new ink sprays!

I used the sketch layout from Freshly Made's sketch challenge and flipped it a bit, setting the border of hexagon dies cut from patterned paper on one side with a lavender ribbon and the sentiment.  All of this was adhered to a background of wavy embossed white cardstock with an orange cardstock border.




SPIES:
STAMPS:  Sentiment (Pink Paislee).
PAPER:  Black and white cardstock; DP- Hello Summer (Echo Park), Oct 31 (Fancy Pants Design).  Homemade background paper from watercolor paper.
INK:  Elderberry (Memento); Lemon Zest & Postbox Red (Dylusions Ink Spray).
EXTRAS:  Black tulle(Jo Ann Fabrics); damask & swirl emboss folders(Cuttlebug); Banner framelits (Sizzix); scallop oval die (Spellbinders); hexagon die (Spellbinders); Contemporary Heart shapeablilities (Spellbinders); lavender ribbon; lavender button; Halloween brad.


Happy Monday!

3 comments :

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Nance, I love the hexagons! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

onecraftymama said...

I love the tulle! It just pops right off the card :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Youir witches hat is so creative Nance. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs