Featured Slider

Sunday, February 7, 2016

BeYoutiful

Happy Superbowl Sunday!

My Patriots are not in it, 
(although Brady is there as a superbowl MVP!)
so I'm boarding the 
Carolina Panthers wagon, 
but just for tonight!

Anyway, I've been very busy in my craft room this weekend so I'm doing a little posting while watching the game and eating tortilla soup!

My first card I made using the emboss folder inking technique, the technique this month at Happy Little Stampers.  I started by inking up the raised side of an emboss folder with Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder and Bermuda Bay inks, sprtized with water and rubbing white cardstock onto the folder.  I love the bright juicy colors that came out.  It's not embossed either.




I placed it on a panel of Melon Mambo then added the wonky stitched squares (My Favorite Things) and Ellen Hutson sentiment die.  I cut the sentiment die in white, then once in each color and cut them to get the multi-colored die.  The "You" looks red in my lighting, but it's the melon color also.  I finished it off with a few candy dots and enamel heart.

I'm entering this card into a new (to me) challenge, the Global Design Project, along with the Happy Little Stampers February CAS challenge and the sketch from My Favorite Things.

For Following Challenges:



BeYOUtiful Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous background!!!!

Cheryll Miller said...

Fabulous technique and background Nance! xx

Bonnie said...

Amazing colors, Nance! This is b-you-tiful!

Kylie said...

wow, your embossing folder stamping turned out brilliantly! LOVE the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx