Featured Slider

Monday, September 15, 2014

Hydrangea

I have another card today.  I've been on a creative roll the past couple days and all I can say is it's about time!  The past 2-1/2 months have been very frustating for me battling a nasty GI infection that <knock on wood>, after 3 rounds of antibiotics, seems to finally be gone.  With fall creeping upon us and the holidays not far after and all my "happy mail" I've gotten lately, I'm itching to get my creative visions on paper!
I made this card especially for the challenge at Color Throwdown.  This week the colors are just so gorgeous.  I pulled out one of my favorite stamps, the Hydrangea from Hero Arts.  We have two blue hydrangea bushes in our yard and as I practically missed most of the summer, I created my own little summer bloom.
I stamped it once in Pear Tart and then stamped it again in the Bahama Blue and fussy cut the flower bloom and popped it up.  The cover plate just came in the mail today so I whipped it out to try and I looooove it!  That's probably a major record for me on using new supplies ---- fresh out of the mailbox and on the card!  lol  The sentiment die also came today, a complimentary die with my order from Taylored Expressions.  Got to love the freebies!
SPIES:
STAMPS: Hydrangea (Hero Arts).
PAPER: White, grey and bright blue cardstock;  DP - Hip Hip Hooray (We R Memories) for green banner. DP-Black Jack (Recollections) for sentiment banner.
INK: Bahama Blue and Pear Tart (Memento).
EXTRAS: Center Stage Coverplate (Papertrey Ink); Flag banner die (My Favorite Things); Banner die (Reverse Confetti); Sentiment Die (Taylored Expressions); light blue ribbon; sequins.

For Following Challenges:

Blooming Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

5 comments:

Oreety said...

What a beautifully designed and executed card! Just love it!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely!! The hydrangea looks just like one in my yard and I too love that cover plate!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Julie B said...

Love those colours and you hydrangea is spectacularly blousey, just as it should be. Everything here is a bit dry, no real rain just early morning mist for over two weeks.
I love the chevron die also! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Nance. Love the beautiful flower image, the die-cut background panel... great use of the colors. So glad you played along with us at The Color Throwdown last week. Hope you'll check out the new challenge. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Nance! Your hydrangea is beautiful in those lovely throwdown colors! I also like your blog with this big yellow feature in the center! how unique! hugs, de