Featured Slider

Monday, November 5, 2012

Bird On A Hoop


Well, after two weeks of really good sleep, I'm back to not sleeping!  So, what better thing to do when one can't sleep --- craft and blog!  LOL!  While on my trip, I spent some time cleaning up my computer files and photo files.  In doing so, I came across some photos of a craft I never posted!  What, you say?  How can that be?  Well....long story short, this craft I made for my husband's stepmom last year for her birthday.  I did manage to send it off to her, just didn't post it!  It was also around the time I had medical issues and was preparing for a trip to my parents' to help my mom after her surgery.  So, needless to say, it was forgotten.  I had seen some crafts on Pinterest that involved embroidery hoops and so I think I decided to create my own.  I was and still am very happy with how it turned out. 


As you see, I used a burlap type fabric for the background and continued it with the bird, which I used the bird die cut from Tim Holtz.  I cut his wing from the same fabric as the birdhouse.

The birdhouse is a Sizzix die cut and I cut it out of a maroon fabric that I had purchased from a vendor at the local weekend flea market in Raleigh, NC.  At the time of making this, I had just purchased my first bottle of liquid pearls so I had to try it by outlining the birdhouse with it.  I also cut branches from a die cut from Taylored Expressions in green and brown papers and spritzed with some glimmer mist.  Finishing touches were adding the "Family" metal embellishment, fall beads, green bow and yellow button.



No comments: