Featured Slider

Friday, February 10, 2012

'Owl' Love











It's been a very hectic week here.  My Hubs is painting my new craft studio for me.  The downstairs is all torn up due to the redecorating. I've been busy trying to get Valentine care packages together for my sons away at college and staying out of the Hubs' way at the same time.  So, with all of that going on, what do we do tonight?  Scrap it all (no pun intended, really) and have an early Valentine date at the circus, Ringling Brothers!  I hadn't been to the circus since I was a little girl.  It was wonderful!  I think we may have been the only adult couple there without kids!  LOL  We definitely won't the oldest ones, but most of the older adults I noticed had grandchildren on their laps.  I have a few years yet before getting to that stage.

Before we went, I put together this Valentine for the Taylored Expressions Sketch and now am posting it before the deadline. I had a lot of fun with this card.  I bought a bunch of stamps from Taylored Expressions weeks ago and just hadn't pulled many of them out yet.  So today was the day.  I love those sweet little owls!

I decided to make my own little tree die using the stamped image from the stamp.  I textured some kraft paper with the wood texture plate from Taylored Expressions.  Then, to make it more defined and stand out, I went over the grooves with some Copic markers, outlining the edges also.

Then, after coloring the Owls with Copics, I cut them out so it would pop out on the wood.  Next I added a piece of kraft twine for the branch the owls are sitting on.  I decided to carry the twine out by lacing it through the squares and added a twine bow to the sentiment to bring it all together.


SPIES:
Stamps:  Owls, tree and sentiment all Taylored Expressions.
Paper:  Kraft, pink cardstock; DP from Taylored Expressions card kit.
Ink:  Staz On Timber Brown; Colorbox rouge.  Copics.
Extras:  Spellbinders scalloped square dies; Textured panel- Taylored Expressions; twine; heart punch; pink grommet; heart button stickles.

No comments: