Featured Slider

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Alpaca My Heart

Happy weekend!

It's an exciting weekend here at the Salkeld abode because it's SuperBowl weekend and my beloved Patriots are playing in it and on the verge of winning their 6th Title!  Nah, I'm not excited.  LOL

I'm also working on lots of different card projects trying to finish up many, some very late in completing.  

I've been wanting to play along with The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I finally got some coloring done!  So I'm sharing the card I made with the colored pieces.

I love this faceted cover plate by Lil' Inker Designs because it has a hidden heart in it that you can emphasize.  Also, a friend of mine wanted an alpaca valentine card so I used the Gerda Steiner llama set.  Did you know alpacas and llamas are actually very different?  So I chose the llama that best resembled an alpaca. After I finished of course, I thought of  the phrase, "Alpaca my heart and send it to you", which would have been perfect.  So I'll have to make another one and use it.
  
SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Llama & Cacti "Llama Tell You" (Gerda Steiner).
PAPER: Neenha white cardstock; Bristol smooth cardstock (Swathmore).
INK: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Pens
EXTRAS: Sentiment die (Lawn Fawn); Facet cover die (Lil' Inker Designs); Heart dies (Sunny Studio).


For Following Challenges:





 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

The heart embedded in this fun die cut is amazing! And it's perfect for highlighting the llama/alpaca! Have a fun Super Bowl Sunday! Hope you can stay inside where it's dry!

Gwendolyn said...

What an absolutely amazing card you've created! I LOVE everything about it, from the embedded heart to the little cactus beside your cute Llama! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations soon! Hugs Gwendolyn

Lilian said...

Oh, that's super cute!!!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Dorlene Durham said...

GREAT card! I love the hidden heart in the background piece and that alpaca is adorable. Thanks for joining the heart challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Marcia said...

Wow! Such an interesting card. Love all the texture and unique details. The coloring on the cactus looks awesome. So glad you shared your creation surg us at Casual Fridays challenge.

Lisa Mensing said...

Adorbs! That Llama is so cute with the cactus. Both just pop right off that red heart. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts Challenge. DTM Lisa

Monika Reeck said...

Oh super duper cuteee Nance I love your image and that Die cutting geometric I always love geometric
Great Valentine card
many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful! Love the design! Thanks for joining us over at Creative With Stamps Challenge.
Creative hugs, Mary xx
(scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt)