Featured Slider

Thursday, February 8, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #389 - ATG & Mardi Gras Twist

Happy Thursday!

It's time for a new challenge
at 
4 Crafty Chicks!
I'm your hostess this week!
  
With Fat Tuesday/Lent next week, 
I thought it would be fun to have a 
Mardi Gras Challenge twist.


If you aren't familiar with what Mardi Gras is, it is celebrated on "Fat Tuesday".  Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent.  So Fat Tuesday is a day when you are to "fatten up" eat a big feast in preparation for fasting during the six week long Lenten season.  It's a big party mostly in New Orleans with lots of food, bands, parades, parties, etc.  I've never been but I've heard it's a pretty wild party!  

Mardi Gras colors typically are purple and green, sometimes with a harlequin pattern.  However, I couldn't find much in my stash that really complimented what I was going for so I stuck with black, white and gold.


Supplies:
Stamps: Balloons & Sentiment - Bold Balloon Stamps (Sunny Studio).
Paper:  Black cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Whitecardstock (Neenah); Patterned Vellum (Die Cuts With A View); Gold Foil (Stampin' Up).
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler); Versamark.
Extras:  Mask die (Poppy Stamps); Streamers - from confetti cover plate (Hero Arts); Stitched scallop die (Pretty Pink Posh); black sequins (Stash).


For Following Challenges:


Crafty Chick Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Leanne said...

This was a fun challenge and I love the gold hearts they are awesome on your card.

Bonnie said...

Is it Thursday again already!!! What a fun theme, Nance! Love those balloons and the streamers! Especially the streamers! Remind me to cut some of that next time we get together.

Lori Turner said...

Well, this was a great challenge - and it did just that - challenge me! lol...amazing card - LOVE the gold hearts!!

Jill V said...

You card totally captures the Mardi Gras feel- I love how you combined the black, white and gold to create such a fun yet elegant design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill