Featured Slider

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas Designer Blog Hop


I have some exciting news!  The Challenge Design Team is BACK!  YAY!  After our Christmas Hop last month, Lesley asked us all if we would be interested in participating in a monthly Christmas Hop throughout the year.  
Of course we all said YES!  

The Challenge Design Team, 
along with friends, Kelly Lunceford and Julee Tillman, 
will be sharing Christmas creations 
on the 25th of each month!!!  

Every Christmas I seem to be rushing to get cards made to sell and to send myself.  I know I'm not the only card maker out there who then winds up not sending the cards they make.  I have vowed to change that this year!  Ok, so "m not off to a good start but hopefully this monthly hop will help at least in my Christmas card department! 

The whole idea is to have some Christmas cards in our stash all ready to go for December 2018!  Hopefully we will inspire you as well to keep Christmas going, at least in your crafting, all year long.

So, hop along and be sure to visit each blog and leave everyone some blog love too. 
There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing!




SUPPLIES:
Label Die (Spellbinders); Mustache die (Stampin' Up); Glasses die (Paper Smooches); Sentiment die (Lil Inker Designs); Scallop frame die (WPlus9); Diamond shaped die (Catherine Pooler). Circle die for nose is part of an angel die (Poppy Stamps).

I went simple for this card, using all die cuts, so it's pretty clear cut (no pun intended).  I made a card similar to this a couple years ago.  The beard and Santa's head are a Spellbinders label die that I cut out of white glitter cardstock and cream cardstock then, I used half of each one.  

Using all die cuts can be a quick way to make several of the same card design.  It does take some time diecutting all the pieces but once one is assembled, it goes pretty quickly.  I think my most time consuming thing was figuring out which  frame dies I wanted to use around the Santa face.  

Hope you have fun hopping and be sure to come back every month on the 25th for more Christmas inspiration to help you get a start on your Christmas cards!

Keeping Christmas Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

12 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a fun card, he is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Lesley said...

This is such a fun Christmas card! Love it, Nance!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is such a cool card! Love that jolly old Santa! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

How cute is this?!?! I've really missed being together on The Challenge team together so this is going to be so fun! Your card is absolutely adorable!!!

Gloria said...

Love that Santa

Karen Day said...

Too funny - love the shades!

Bonnie said...

What a fun Christmas card, Nance! Love that cool Santa! He looks like he might be vacationing in a nice warm place!

Notes by Nina said...

To cute, what great Santa.

Angela Walters said...

This card brought a smile to my face as soon as I saw it! It is so much fun!! I absolutely love Santa in his sunglasses! :)

Celeste Goff said...

I love this cool Santa! My dad lives in sunny Florida and this little guy would be perfect for him. LOL

Gloria said...

So cute

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So fun and SO creative! Love it!