Featured Slider

Thursday, April 27, 2017

4CC#348 - Gift Card Holder



Happy Thursday!

 It was brought to my attention that my post didn't post.  Alas, that's what I get for trying to get a little ahead by making titled/empty posts ahead of time, forgetting and making a new one, then deleting said new one and scheduling the old empty one.  O..M..G!  I need a vaca, which I'm getting in a week!  Hopefully I will find my mind then!  LOL

It's another crazy week around here! Lots going on. Been looking at new facilities for our dog while we are on vacation. Then, after the monumental deluge of rain we had last weekend/Monday, discovered a roof leak/water damage, roof buckling and now trying to get it fixed before we leave so we don't come home to our roof and attic sitting in our living room.

Today IS Thursday and so there is 
a new challenge happening 
at 
4 Crafty Chicks!

Lori is our hostess this week
and she had decreed us to create gift card holders!



I perused Pinterest and Google and You Tube for something different to try for this challenge and found several tutorials for gift card purses ----

 You can see the tutorial I used here.  It was really easy except the gift card has to go in kind of angled or the corners tear a bit.  It is closed with a flap made from a small oval punch with self stick velcro on it.  I may try one of the other tutorials I saw because this one was a little tight for an actual gift card.  The video shows putting small candy or lip balm inside. 

Here are some other photos of how it looks when open ---









(Note the Jersey Mike's GC used as my prop.  Have to give a shout out to the son's biz.  If you're in Chapel Hill, NC, JM at Farrington makes great subs! <wink wink>)

Check out the other Chicks' projects over at the Hen House.  Some really fabulous gift card holders, just too too adorable! 


Crafty Chick Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oops, I think Blogger ate your content!

Lori Turner said...

SUPER cute Nancy!!!! Love the papers and the fact that it's like a mini purse - adorable :)

Bonnie said...

When we were talking I realized I hadn't come back to check the post! I LOVE this sweet purse! Perfect mix of papers and the little purse is perfect to take shopping!

Unknown said...

As a homeowner, I've had to deal with a leaky roof in the past. The damage in noticeable after a heavy rainfall. A leaky roof can be annoying and you want to get it fixed as soon as possible. But my advice is take some time to research the roofers before hiring one to fix that leak.