Featured Slider

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Just Us Girls #385 - Color Week

Happy Weekend!

It's Saturday
and time for a new challenge 
at


This week is a color challenge --

very spring-like isn't it?

I have to admit this one stumped me for a bit.  Color challenges do that sometimes for me.  I don't know why.  Call it a craft block.  Anyway, here is what I created:

I started with the cutting plate and grey map paper.  The paper was so light I decided to keep the purple and pink soft and subtle .  The cutting block is Lil Inker Designs and the sentiment and butterfly stamps are Catherine Pooler Designs.  I love how it turned out particularly since I had a craft block.

Make sure you check out all the Just Us Girls Design Teams' fabulous projects for this challenge and then come play along with us!

Girlie Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

We all get those craft blocks sometimes, but you worked through yours beautifully! Love the soft gray die cut! An awesome frame btw. The soft colored butterflies are beautiful on it!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your sweet butterflies.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great colors. Loving your sweet card.

Ina G said...

Such a simple and very pretty card Nance. Love the background and those butterflies.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this card certainly doesn't look like you were stumped by the color challenge. Your card is wonderful, I love that you cut that cover plate with patterned paper. Very clever, well done!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love that soft gray map paper you used for the background and your delicate butterflies are so pretty adorned with the bling.

Nancy said...

You nailed our colors with this stunning card Nance! Love that cutting plate! Can't wait to see what you do next week!

Chris Dring said...

Nance, this is GORGEOUS! I'd never think to use map paper and a cutting plate together. What a fantastic texture it creates without the bulk. Love this card!

Lisa Kind said...

Color challenges seem to do that to me too Nance! But you really nailed it with this beautiful card! Great use of the colors!

Bobby said...

This is such a soft lovely card, Nance, and I love the printed cover plate.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cut out background