Featured Slider

Saturday, March 25, 2017

It's A Girl Blog Hop For Little Miss Croghan!

SURPRISE LESLEY & COREY CROGHAN!

OMG!  I Can't believe the day is finally here!  
I've helped keep this secret for almost two months now!  

Lori Turner, one of my fellow design team friends and crafty friend from afar, approached me in January about helping her organize some kind of online baby shower/hop for Lesley and Corey and it was a no brainer, I didn't hesitate in agreeing it had to be done!  Lesley is such a creative inspiration and fabulous crafter/challenge administrator in our cardmaking world, Lori and I thought a baby card blog hop just had to be created for her and her hubby, Corey.  We also knew everyone who knows her would be thrilled to not only join in creating a baby card for her and mail it to her.  

So, we started getting the word out "secretly" to everyone we knew in cardmaking blog world and told them to "secretly" pass the word on.  Lori really should get all of the credit, she set up everything, the FB Event page, the blog hop on her blog, Caffeinated Creativity.  I just helped bounce initial ideas around of what/how to do it.  Then, everyone mailed their cards, along with either $$ or some other gifts, to Lori who then boxed them all up and mailed to Lesley and Corey to open up this morning!  

We need to also give a shout out to Nance Lempinen-Leedy too for her fabulous blog hop banner she created just for today!  Thank you, Nance!

If you don't know Lesley O'Connor Croghan, she's another card making crafty friend online to many of us card makers. I met Lesley when she asked me to join her design team for The Challenge in 2014.  She is one of the sweetest ladies I know even though we've never met in person since she resides in Canada and I in NC of the U.S., kind of a norm in our hobby world of creativity.  Anyhow, she's a very talented crafter, creator and owner of several card challenges, along with her day job as a teacher, wife to Corey and fur mom to Penney and Rolley and now Mother-To-Be as well!  Everyone who knows her is so thrilled for her and her husband, Corey, that they are expecting a baby girl in April!  YAY!  

Of course most of you know all of that so now here is my card that I made and sent to Lesley:


My card is a CASE of this baby card I found on Pinterest. I thought it was just so adorable.  I chose to cut my stockings from felt and added some lace for socks and a couple sequins for buttons.  I used dies from Stampin Up' (stocking die), Pretty Pink Posh (label die), Lil' Inker Designs (stitched rectangle and word die) and WPlus9 (Scallop rectangle frame).

Inside of Card

Click on the Hop image or Lori's name to get to the blog hop on her blog and check out all the wonderful baby cards that are linked up and that were mailed to Lesley and Cory!

Here's to a healthy and happy delivery for Lesley, Corey and Baby Croghan in April! 


Entering These Challenges:





Healthy Baby Croghan Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

17 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card inside & out! Love the sweet lil' booties...Lesley is going to love it! Can't wait until she opens the box! 💗

Nancy said...

This card is Sensational and those booties...Oh my goodness! Aren't you ever so clever! She is going to swoon over this one!

Marisa said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Bonnie said...

These booties are so adorable, Nance! Love the lace cuffs and "buttons"! Thanks for all you've done for this blog hop! So exciting!

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet felt booties with the lace trim, a great idea. This is such an adorable card. Lesley will love it.

Catherine said...

Oh my, what a sweet card! I love the little pink booties and all the lovely layers. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Karen Day said...

Oh my goodness, those are the cutest little socks - awesome idea!

~amy~ said...

CUTENESS overload, for sure!

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet, sweet card and I love those pink felt booties! Thank you so much for your kind words on my post and also for all the behind the scenes work you did to make this hop such a success for Lesley and Corey...I'm sure they must just be overwhelmed by all the love and generosity! :0)

Michelle said...

Nance, those booties are just too sweet! :-)

Jen Mitchell said...

Those little baby booties are super cute! What a special card this is!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nance your card is too adorable for words - those soft felt booties with lace trim are fabulous! And the inside of your card is as beautiful as the outside - what a sweet sentiment! Thank you for everything you've done to help organise this blog hop and the wonderful surprise for Lesley - you are a star!

Lori Turner said...

Oh friend....we did it! LOL...we pulled it off :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card - so sweet! Those booties are adorable - thanks for all your help girl xoxoxoo

Lesley said...

My goodness you and Lori really surprised me and I am so touched by your kind words. Your card is stunning as always. Thank you so much for helping us celebrate and for making such a special event for us. xo

Michele K. Henderson said...

Nance, I can't get over how adorable those little pink booties are! Really smart idea!

Karren said...

This is just so adorable! Love it!

debby4000 said...

Oh I love the little socks, what a fabulous gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby