Featured Slider

Friday, June 19, 2015

Shirt & Tie

TGIF!  
And Happy Almost Summer!

The last days of spring have felt like the dog days of summer already here in the Triangle of North Carolina.  About seven days already in scorching hot temps, muggy humidity and daily thunderstorm! And, Mr. Weatherman says at least another week of the same.  WHEW!  What a summer to decide not to have the pool going.  

However, there are other nice things happening. 
Father's Day is Sunday!  

It will be a bittersweet one for me as my dad passed away in April, so I'll be looking heavenward to send my wishes. 

So, as a little tribute to my dad, I've made a shirt and tie card. My dad was a minister and so he was a shirt and tie man most of the time, particularly Sundays.

I used the color scheme from The Paper Players challenge this week.  


For Following Challenges

4 Crafty Chicks -- #251 Father's Day


Cardz 4 Guys - #75 Father's Day

Mod Squad - Father's Day


BLESSINGS FOR DADS!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a great card!! Love this idea. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players!

Judy Woodland said...

I'm sorry about your dad. It's never easy!!! Your card is wonderful, love those colors. And how clever to make a shirt - I'm sure your dad would have smiled at that - in fact he probably is!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Darnell said...

Oh, Nance, this is one of the best shirt and tie cards I've ever seen! I'm sorry for your loss and I think this card tribute to your dad is very sweet and loving. Hugs, Darnell

Lori Turner said...

First off, I am sending you HUGE cyber hugs girl...so sorry of your Dad's passing. xoxoxoxo Your card is a beautiful reminder of your Dad...love that tie. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Cazro said...

Sorry for your loss.This is such an unusual and brilliant card. So pleased you joined us for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

JayBe said...

A very creative design, Nance - thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

Andrea W said...

Terrific card Nance! The colors are wonderful and I really like the stamped sentiment on the tie. A lovely tribute to your dad.