Featured Slider

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Don't Ask What Day It Is...

Well, here's a surprise!  I have another post for today and not for a DT challenge...

SPIES:
STAMPS: Birdbrain Flower pot chick Digi(From the Heart); Sentiment Birdbrain Birthday Candle (From The Heart). 
PAPER: White and teal cardstock. DP -Park Bench (Fancy Pants) - paper pieces on digi image flowers and pot.
INK: Copics on Digit.  Teal green  (Hampton Art); Crushed Curry (Stampin Up); Blue Denim  (Ranger Ink Distress Ink).
EXTRAS: Candy dot (Stampin Up); Sponges.

I love these little feathered guys at From The Heart!  Too Adorable!  The challenge "twist" this week was "Use the Sponge Technique".  I haven't done it in a long while and so thought I'd refresh my memory.  I love how it turned out.  I originally had sponged the middle of a one layer card but hadn't thought through the sentiment totally.  I should have printed out the sentiment then sponged.  You live and you learn!  LOL  So, I laid out my sentiment and printed it out and just adhered the sponged section to it, then added the framed image.  I also paper pieced the larger flowers and the pot rim on the digi image.




Super Bird-Day Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

3 comments:

Imke said...

Welcome back Nance ! Adorable Card, your coloring is awesome and you did a great Job with Sketch and Twist this week.

Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Jo said...

I love the Birdbrains too, Nance :)
This is a lovely card, with your sponged background and fab paper piecing.
Thank you for joining in with us at FTHS, hope you will join us next time too :)
Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Love this one! Great use of sponging and great colors and great coloring :)
Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at FTHS!
Lyn