Featured Slider

Monday, October 20, 2014

Celestial Friendship -- The Challenge #17

Good Morning!  Hope you had a wonderful Fall weekend (if you are in the Northern Hemisphere) --- a nice Spring one if you are not!

Wherever you may be, it's time for another new
Every two weeks we bring you a new sketch and a new color palette to try.  
Use the sketch, use the colors OR use both --- whatever you prefer.  

Stop by the blog too and check out the rest of the team's fabulous projects for some added inspiration.  Then, come join us and share your projects. 
We love having you play along!
My card ---
SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment (My Favorite Things); Large shooting star (Michaels $1 Bin); Small stars (Simon Says).
PAPER: White card base.  Watercolor paper.  Plum and black cardstock; Orange vellum.
INK: Black Soot Distress Paint(Ranger Ink); Purple, orange and crumb paint dabbers ( Snow white acrylic paint. Versamark ink; white emboss powder.
EXTRAS: Tab die (Taylored Expressions); Crop-a-dile hold punch; eyelet die (Reverse Confetti); kraft twine.

I used both the sketch and the colors from this week.  I decided to try out the Galaxy technique (tutorial).  You can also find it at The Friday Mashup this week as part of their challenge.  Any time I get to paint, I feel like a kid again!  I need to use them more often.  One could derive from that statement that I miss being a kid.  Eh, not really.  I just miss painting more.  It's been on my "list" to do more of, but I guess what I need to put on the "list" first is more time in order to paint.  

Anyway, I digress.  I thought The Challenge colors would be great to try this technique with and I looove my end result.  I actually did two different squares (backup for flub ups), but I stuck with the first attempt.  And I just happened to have that fabulous sentiment about friends and stars, and then remembered the shooting star stamp also --- all perfect!  I tried to keep the card background simple to not detract from my "painting", so I used some orange vellum and kept the base white.  I mounted the painting on black cardstock and then on plum cardstock also to bring out the purples.  My kraft color is the kraft twine.  Those are paper eyelets from the eyelet die that comes with a tag die from Reverse Confetti. I rounded out the look with three candy dots.


For Following Challenges: 
Creative Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow! This is so beautiful, Nance! Very cool technique!

Lynn Put said...

Awesome card! Love the galaxy technique with this fantastic sentiment.

Maura said...

I love that galaxy look you created. I saw the tutorial too, but have not tried it yet. I look forward to being on the design team with you!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun layout for your card. Love how you added your twine. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Great take on the galaxy technique and The Challenge...thanks for bringing that to my attention. Your galaxy is just super cool and your design, as well. TFS with the Friday Mashup this week!