Featured Slider

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not Too Shabby HOME


Good Afternoon!  So, three days ago I cleaned up my craft room, re-organized some of my things so that I could be more productive and less messy.  HA! I know there are many of you out there laughing along with me!  So, back to disaster area!  Of course, I have good reason for it to be messy---I've been a craftin' away all week and busy getting photos ready to FINALLY put on my Etsy shop.  YES!  It IS going to happen!  But, I digress.

I have to brag a little now ---- I looooooovvvvveeeeeee this card!  It's an ornament!  No, it's a card!  No, it's an easel card!  NO, it's all three!  I had too much fun making it.  I think it may be illegal to have had that much fun!  LOL!  I'd have to say I am on a craftin' high right now!  However, no one can ask me how long it took me to come up with this or get it together because I'm not confessing!  You can ask all you want.  And, I won't tell you how much sleep I lost with it either!  :)
 
I am afraid I don't have a picture of all the supplies I used with this card because frankly, they are ALL over my room at the moment and to gather them up for a photo would have just taken too long and I only have about 30 minutes to post this to the challenge at Scrapbooker's Paradise, which is one of the key challenges for this card!  If I miss it I may just have to have a VERY large glass of wine!




I haven't made an easel card in a while and since City Crafter has it as their current challenge, #137, I decided to refresh my creativity.  It wasn't as hard this time around, just time consuming with all the elements I added.

I also got inspired by the challenge at JUGS, Just Us Girls Challenge #164, this week with their photo of a house.  I have had these chipboard houses for I don't know how long and I can't remember for the life of me where I got them.  Maybe Taylored Expressions.  I'm thinking they were a freebie or a freebie from somewhere else.  I'm calling "senior moment" for now! Everything I used on this card has been sitting somewhere for a very long time.  That poor little Christmas light stamp has been collecting dust on my shelf for two years since I didn't make many cards last year.  So, this card is also right up the alley for Shopping Our Stash challenge.  Whew!  Oh, and if you are wondering, that's pink tulle in the chimney for smoke.

You can't see much of it but I distressed the edges of the paper on the house and added distress crackle paint.  I colored the Christmas lights with Copics and then added crystal Stickles to them to make them pop.  The wreath is a small scallop oval Spellbinders die with flower rhinestone gems around it.

Anyway, I decided to make a house easel card and right in the middle of doing so, wouldn't you know my brain sparked and got the great idea for a gingerbread house easel card (another time, I'm exhausted!).  Yet, since Drunken Stampers' challenge is "Not Too Shabby" and there you have it --- a shabby chic xmas house easel card/ornament!













SPIES:
Stamps:  Christmas lights(Recollections).  Flower sprigs(Inkadinkadoo). Sentiment (Inkadinkadoo, I think).
Paper:  White cardstock.  Soft pink cardstock.  DP Follow Your Heart (My Mind's Eye).
Ink:  Teal green(Hampton Art).  London Fog and Angel Pink (Memento).  Flesh Pink, Rose Pink, Coral Sea Sketch markers(Copic).  Distress crackle paint in picket fence(Ranger Ink).
Extras:  Glossy Accents; crystal Stickles; tattered square die (Spellbinders); lace border punch; scallop border punch;  Emboss folder (lifestyle crafts); Chicken wire impression plate (Taylored Expressions); picket fence die (Taylored Expressions); white felt; pink tulle; green rhinestone flowers (for wreath); snowman button; Christmas tree sticker; melon raffia ribbon; snowflake ornament; pink brad;.  WHEW!


I think I will now go take a little nap before going for round 2 of crafting!

13 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

This card is beautiful Nance, I love all the wonderful details. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Amazing easel card! Cute, cute house! Thanks for joining in with JUGS~

Lynn said...

Wow! This is absolutely amazing! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Your house is FABULOUS!!! Great take on the inspiration picture!! Love all the details, the sparkle and the great scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

Holy carp, Nance, you rocked all these challenges!!! And won at least one of them :) WOOT! I love the tulle, and LOOK at that sparkly wreath! All the teeny details are just so perfect. We won't talk about the time or the sleep. I promise :) So glad you could play with me at both Shopping our Stash and Playing in Paradise - don't forget to check this week's post for Challenge 95 at PPC....just sayin, there's a little something there for ya ;)

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Nance - This is so cute! So many things to look at and each one adorable! I love the pink tulle in the chimney! Perfect! Thanks for playing along at SOS this week. Your odds and ends came together so nicely!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Ros Crawford said...

This just blows me away! I love little houses and this easel card, ornament, house ... well it's beautiful! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Donna said...

WOW!!! A shabby chic Christmas house, easel card & ornament all in one! How great is that!!! Thanks for playing along with the "Not Too Shabby" challenge at Drunken Stampers this week!

Anonymous said...

nance I really LOVE this card!! You rocked the challenge!! Thank You so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Lucille K said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the colors used and all the little details :)

Unknown said...

WOW!! What an amazing card. I just love all the wonderful detail.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

CarlaKH said...

Ohh this is gorgeous! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for participating in our DRUNKEN STAMPERS challenge!!

~DEANNE~